Covenant UMC has an exciting opportunity for a new Worship Pastor position. Covenant is located on the Eastside of Greenville, in the Upstate of SC. In 2015, Covenant was recognized as the 6th fastest growing United Methodist church in the United States by Outreach Magazine. Covenant is a thriving evangelical United Methodist church which has grown to over 1,000 people in attendance for Sunday Worship with both traditional and contemporary services. Come be a part of our dynamic team who help people come to know the love of Jesus Christ.
To learn more about Covenant, go to our website: covumc.org.
To see more about Greenville, visit here www.visitgreenvillesc.com
Covenant United Methodist Church
Reports to- Executive Pastor and Senior Pastor
Worship Pastor- Job Description
Worship Pastor will have primary responsibility for the planning, organization, execution and evaluation of Covenant’s total worship and music ministries, to provide quality worship and a complete Christian music ministry of excellence, involvement, and inspiration for the entire church year. Supervise the Traditional Worship Leader, Contemporary Worship leader, Director of Media Ministries, and the Instrumentalists.
Primary Areas of Responsibilities
Worship Music Program
- Oversee the Music and Worship experience for Sunday mornings and special Worship services, in coordination with the Senior Pastor.
- Manage the Worship staff team leaders and their day to day operations, in coordination with the Executive Pastor.
- Oversee budget expenditures for the Music, Worship, and Media Ministries and submit annual budget requests to the Finance Committee.
- Directly responsible for leading our Contemporary Worship service and ultimately hiring a Contemporary Worship Leader.
- Select and prepare music for worship services, in coordination with Worship Ministry leaders.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior and Executive Pastors to effectively meet the objectives of the position.
- Plan and coordinate musical worship services at special times during the year, in coordination with Worship Ministry leaders (e.g., Christmas, Easter, Independence Day, etc.).
- Coordinate and schedule of vocalists and musicians for worship services, in coordination with worship staff leaders.
- Recruit, train, and support leaders of Music Ministry programs and activities.
Volunteer Management for Worship Support Ministries
- Lead monthly Worship Planning Team meetings.
- Oversee the volunteers with the Sanctuary Care, Communion Prep, Communion Servers, Acolytes, and Attendance Counters.
- Responsible for the Wedding and Funeral team and the Christmas Decorating team.
Education and Experience
This position requires a strong spiritual background and commitment to the church and to the ministry of the church. A minimum of 5-10 years of experience as a Worship Pastor or Worship Director in a Church is desired and a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in relevant fields is optional. The candidate must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and above reproach character.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Interested Parties should forward a complete application packet to Laura Geloni, firstname.lastname@example.org and it should include the following:
- Cover letter with general background information, family, community involvement, and hobbies
- Current resume
- List of 3 references