First United Methodist Church in Lenoir, NC is seeking a Worship Leader & Youth Ministry Assistant
First United Methodist Church in Lenoir, NC, seeks an energetic, visionary, and Christ-centered Worship Leader for our Praise Band and First Light Service and Youth Ministry Assistant for our relationship building and faith deepening Youth ministry. This person will coordinate all aspects of the music ministry to our First Light (nontraditional) service and build relationships with our youth to deepen their worship experience and strengthen their Christian faith journeys. This is a part time position with potential for becoming full time.
We are seeking candidates with a Christian faith that is growing in vitality and depth and who exhibit a commitment to life-long learning, spiritual growth, and ministry development. This person will be an integral team member with our church staff and congregation in fulfilling the church’s mission: making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of individuals, communities, and the world.
Reports to: Youth Minister, Music Minister and Senior Pastor
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Moderate to advanced keyboard and/or guitar skills.
- Able to teach on occasion and facilitate discussions with small groups.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to read music and 2 years of relevant work experience is preferred.
Worship Leader for First Light Service – Approximately 10 hours per week
This person will be responsible for the planning and implementation of the music ministry for the First Light worship service. Their primary role will be leading and building relationships with the Praise Band members and others to nurture and strengthen their musical and spiritual gifts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Praise Band Rehearsals and Worship Planning
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of the music ministry for the First Light service.
- Lead Praise Band rehearsals and worship leadership musically and spiritually.
- Work closely with the music director and senior pastor in planning and providing for cohesive worship services.
- Support worship and staff programs and activities, and select and present music for special worship services as coordinated with the church staff team.
Youth Ministry Assistant – Approximately 10 hours per week
This person would be responsible for assisting the youth minister. Their primary role will consist of leading and developing a worship team on Sunday evenings, leading when the youth minister is away, helping to assist the youth minister with campus visits, taking the lead on some youth functions and trips, and helping to develop relationships and disciple students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help develop a youth praise team and lead worship at youth group.
- Oversee setup and facilitation of youth services with guidance from the youth director.
- Help brainstorm, plan, schedule, and lead youth events throughout the year.
- Lead youth group when the youth director is away.
- Take ownership in expanding the position and invest in students and their families lives.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com