Chestnut Grove United Methodist Church (1024 Volunteer Road, King, NC 27021, 336-983-9657) is seeking a Director of Youth Ministries and Coordinator of Children’s Ministries
The Director of Youth Ministries and Coordinator of Children’s Ministries will provide spiritual leadership to develop and lead a comprehensive youth ministry and coordinate a comprehensive children’s ministry that is consistent with the mission of the church. The Director/Coordinator will advocate and model United Methodist theology, doctrine, and policy.
The Director of Youth Ministries and Coordinator of Children’s Ministries will serve under the supervision of the pastor, the Staff-Parish Relations Committee, and the Youth Council and will report to the Administrative Council regularly about ongoing activities and projects.
As part of the application process, a background check and drug test will be required. The Director/Coordinator will follow all Safe Sanctuary guidelines adopted by the Administrative Council and will also abide by the ethics and conduct policies of the church. The Director/Coordinator will be required to acquire bus license to drive the church bus within six months of initial employment.
Accountabilities for Youth Ministries
Accountabilities for this position shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop healthy relationships with children, youth, and their families (church, home, school, & special events).
- Develop and lead a follow-up program for youth visitors and their families.
- Develop and implement programs that attract youth to Christ and promote spiritual growth.
- Support and work in conjunction and under the supervision of members of the Youth Council to help supervise, guide, and mentor youth.
- Lead and coordinate programs for weekly Bible Study or small groups for youth.
- Attend the weekly Worship Service and assist in youth Sunday School programs of the church.
- Communicate events with all stakeholders (youth, parents, youth council, admin council, SPRC) through church announcements, phone calls, meetings, emails, and other outlets.
- Plan and lead special events (retreats, camps, mission projects, trips, etc.) that reach youth at various levels of spiritual maturity.
- Coordinate and lead summer plans (missions, retreats, camps, fun, etc.)
- Assist in the integration of the youth in the whole life of the congregation: worship, choirs, committees, missions, etc.
- Coordinate monthly meetings with the Youth Council Chair and the youth council for the purpose of planning, implementing and leading youth ministry in study, worship, fellowship and mission.
- Assist in the annual budget planning process for Youth Ministries. Plan and coordinate youth fundraisers and monthly mission opportunities.
- Attend continuing education events as recommended by the pastor and SPRC.
- Lead weekly Wednesday night emergent worship service targeting youth for the Deep End at the Anchor House. Senior pastor has final approval on all worship services. Senior pastor participates in leading worship at the Deep End service, and Youth/children’s minister participates in worship on Sunday mornings. Youth Ministry Director will be responsible for creating order of worship for the Deep End using technology and software programs.
- Work closely with treasurer of the Youth Council by providing original receipts bi-weekly to stay current with reimbursements and records. Work with youth council to develop budget and spending practices ahead of purchases with both youth and children’s ministries.
- Attend church council meetings.
Accountabilities for Children’s Ministries
Accountabilities for this position shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop healthy relationships with children and their families (church, home, school, & special events).
- Develop and coordinate a follow-up program for children visitors and their families.
- Develop and coordinate programs that attract children to Christ and promote spiritual growth.
- Support and work in conjunction with the Chair and members of the Children’s Ministry Team to help supervise, guide, mentor, and lead our children.
- Coordinate programs for weekly Bible Study or small groups for children.
- Communicate events with all stakeholders (children, parents, children’s ministries team, admin council, SPRC) through church announcements, phone calls, meetings, emails, and other outlets.
- Attend the weekly Worship Service and coordinate children’s Sunday School programs of the church.
- Coordinate special events with the Children’s Ministry Team (retreats, camps, mission projects, trips, etc.) that reach children at various levels of spiritual maturity.
- Assist in the integration of the children in the whole life of the congregation: worship, choirs, committees, missions, etc.
- Assist in the annual budget planning process for Children’s Ministries. Coordinate children’s fundraisers and mission opportunities.
- Serve as a resource to the leaders of children ministries for material, ideas, and coordination. This includes VBS and special seasonal programs.
- Recruit volunteers to assist in the execution of the Children’s Ministries of the church
Responsibilities of the Church for the Director of Youth Ministries and Coordinator of Children’s Ministries:
- Competitive Wages ($14,000 salary per year; based on 20 hours/week)
- Possible increase in salary after 90 day performance review and evaluation
- Continuing education funds and travel reimbursement ($500/yr)
- Vacation – 1 week paid after 1 year of employment
- Holidays – same as other staff members
Friendship UMC, Burlington NC is seeking a Part-Time Youth Coordinator
Basic Description: The Youth Coordinator will facilitate and grow an existing dynamic youth ministry in a thriving rural community. The coordinator is expected to model a Christian life, inspiring and connecting with youth (grades 6 through 12) and supporting their Christian walk through loving, learning, and serving. S/he will coordinate this ministry in cooperation with lay leadership, the pastor, and community leaders. The coordinator will:
- Create a space where youth can grow spiritually, helping youth grow as Christian disciples
- Develop supportive and mentoring relationships with the youth based on Christian love
A full job description can be found at http://friendshipumc-nc.org/current-job-opening-friendship/ .
How To Apply: To Apply contact Rev. Thurman Horney: email@example.com.
Rev. Thurman Horney, Pastor
4612 Friendship Patterson Mill Rd
Burlington, NC 27215
Guilford College UMC in Greensboro NC is seeking an individual to develop, coordinate, plan, and implement an integrated and relational ministry to youth and college students that sets the foundation for growth into authentic disciples of Jesus Christ. This is a full-time position. Candidates should have a proven track record of connecting with young people and creating/growing a dynamic youth ministry; have strong skills in areas of organization and group dynamics; have an ability to recruit and work with a team of servant-leaders; have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited college; and a practical knowledge of the Bible and Biblical foundations. Candidate should contact Tom Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org for complete job description and to apply.
Myers Park United Methodist Church (http://www.myersparkumc.org/announcements/) in Charlotte, NC is seeking a full-time Middle School Youth Associate, who will lead and support Middle School students and their families as they grow and develop as Disciples of Christ. This person will be joining an established ministry and working alongside a high functioning staff team of three and volunteer team of 70. The primary responsibilities of this position will be to provide leadership in programming, develop relationships with youth, families, and congregants, and recruit and equip volunteers. A competitive salary and benefits package will be provided based on experience and education. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The mission and purpose of Center UMC Youth and Children’s Ministry (Concord, NC) is to disciple our youth and children in the ways of Jesus Christ. This discipleship process can take place in a variety of forms and means – from small group learning times to hands-on mission work in the community to fun outings meant to bring the group together as a Christian fellowship.
The Youth and Children’s Ministries Director is directly accountable to both the Senior Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
- Sunday UMYF meetings from 4:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. That includes a meal at 6 p.m. provided by church members.
- Attendance at Sunday morning worship services for visibility and involvement with the congregation.
- Weekly children’s Bible Study on Wednesday nights and Parents Night Out one Friday night per month.
- Plan some fun trips or retreats for the youth during the coming year.
- Involvement with Carolina Cross Connection during the summer.
- Coordinate special program planning during the year for occasions such as Easter, Christmas, graduation, the Halloween Trunk or Treat, Vacation Bible School and the Youth Puppet Ministry.
- Attend meetings of the Administrative Council and Worship Committee..
- Develop leadership among the youth – allow them to lead in the planning and programming.
- Report directly to the Senior Pastor and Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
- Develop a long-term strategy for our youth and children’s ministry for the next five years (with the help of the Senior Pastor and Council on Ministries.
Part-Time position – 12 to 15 hours per week at $15 per hour. Hours will vary from week to week based on time required. Additional hours must be approved by the Senior Pastor in advance. Compensation includes a bonus structure for events such as Carolina Cross Connection, weekend trips and lock-ins.
The first three months will be a probationary period. Following the first three months there will be an evaluation by the Pastor and the SPRC, at which time the decision will be made whether to continue the relationship.
Please send resumes to Center United Methodist Church, 1119 Union St. South, Concord, NC 28025; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
First United Methodist Church of Austin, Texas (www.fumcaustin.org), a progressive faith community in the heart of Austin’s vibrant downtown, is looking for an inclusive and dedicated full-time Director of Youth Ministry. With over 1600 members in this outwardly focused congregation, the candidate will need to bring a high level of passion and energy for undergirding the many different aspects of the church’s ministry to youth. FUMC hopes to find a director who has a gift for reaching and inspiring 6th through 12th graders during their formative years of Christian discipleship. In addition to building commitment and trust with parents, training and equipping volunteers, and steering a Spirit-led youth program of mission and ministry opportunities, the director will join an enthusiastic pastoral, staff, and administrative team committed to youth and their families.
The successful candidate will have a college degree, several years of experience in youth ministry leadership, and strong personal faith consistent with the Methodist tradition. Please send your resume along with a cover letter to Aly.Eaton@MinistryArchitects.com.
Pleasant Garden UMC (Greensboro, NC) is seeking a Part-time Family Ministries Position
Location: Pleasant Garden United Methodist Church is located in a suburb community of Greensboro, NC, just 15 minutes from downtown.
Scope: Responsibilities include overseeing, coordinating, and developing our programs & ministries for children, youth, and their families.
Salary: 20 hours/week, paying $1,000 monthly with 2 weeks paid vacation annually from date of hire.
Candidate Qualifications: Applicants should exhibit Christian faith and character; enjoy working with children of all ages and relating to their families; be creative, proactive, outgoing, and community oriented; be trained or experienced in the spiritual formation of children/youth; be comfortable in recruiting and coordinating volunteers; be a college graduate holding a bachelor’s degree; be available Wednesday afternoons/evenings and Sundays.
Applicants: Please send a cover letter and resume to: KidsYouthDirectorSearch.email@example.com or contact Mark Weekley at 336-482-1647.
First United Methodist Church of Hendersonville, NC is seeking a Youth Ministry Assistant (part time staff position, 20-25 hours per week). Hendersonville is a picturesque small town, just south of Asheville in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina. We are a vibrant congregation with an abiding passion for missional engagement and a deep commitment to nurturing our youth as they develop a meaningful and lasting faith as disciples of Christ.
The Youth Ministry Assistant will work closely with our Director of Youth Ministry in all facets of our ministry to 6th – 12th graders:
- Sunday evening youth program (supper, games, worship, small groups)
- Sunday morning and mid-week small groups
- Monthly group outings
- Summer mission trips (domestic and international)
- Local service projects
- High school and middle school retreats
Our Sunday evening program averages 60-70 in attendance and routinely attracts youth from outside our church.
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and/or comparable experience in leading and serving within a congregation
- Experience working with adolescents (paid or volunteer)
- Highly developed relational skills with a passion for walking alongside youth in their faith journeys
- An understanding of and commitment to the theology and traditions of the United Methodist faith and the willingness to model the core values of our church
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to ensure timely and effective communications with parents and participants through weekly email blasts, newsletters, etc.
- Competency in the effective and appropriate use of social media and technology
- Organizational skills, as well as the willingness to take the initiative and accept accountability
- The ability to recruit, train and inspire volunteers
- A collaborative spirit to work as part of a ministry team
Due to the nature of youth ministry, office hours will be adjusted when retreats, mission trips and other special events are scheduled.
A background check and references are required.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume supporting their qualifications for the Youth Ministry Assistant position to Mary Casey, Chair of the Staff Parish Relations Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.