Church: Grace UMC
Location: Greensboro, NC
Job Title: Custodian Job Description
Job Status: Part-time
How to Apply: Email Rev. Drew McIntyre, Pastor
To regularly clean and maintain the church buildings and facilities.
Pastor and Office Administrator.
Terms of Employment:
Evaluation to be conducted as a new employee after 6 months, and on an annual basis thereafter.
To be determined by Staff/Parish Relations Committee taking into consideration qualifications, job requirements, and budget guidelines. Current salary is $13.75/hour ($15.15 per 4 hour day).
To be determined by SPRC as the need arises.
Two (2) weeks paid vacation during each year with approval from Senior Minister and with the knowledge of the Office Administrator and SPRC Chair.
Four (4) hours per day, 5 days per week. Report to work at 8:30 am daily. Depart at 12:30 pm daily.
Experience in custodial duties and/or maintenance preferred.
All applicants must provide at least two references and submit to a background check.
Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 per hour
Matthews United Methodist Church is seeking a dynamic individual to become our next Executive Director of Operations/Treasurer. We are a vibrant, 3,800 member church located in the Charlotte suburb of Matthews, NC. This person is responsible for overseeing the operations of the church, including providing leadership and oversight for the financial, facility, human resource, communications, and technology for the church. Assists in developing policies and procedures so that our mission of Reach, Teach, Praise and Serve may be fulfilled.
Requires the minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting with five – ten years of experience as an Executive Director or Church Business Administrator of a 500-1,000 member mainline Protestant Church (United Methodist experience preferred). A complete job description is available on our web site at MatthewsUMC.org. Visit About MUMC under the Connect tab and click on the Employment link. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Strong written and oral communication abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational, time management and strategic planning skills.
- An understanding of the role and purpose of the local church in Christian ministry.
- Generally accepted accounting and business practices, especially fund accounting.
- Knowledge of the United Methodist Church organization and The Book of Discipline is a plus.
Candidates who meet the minimum criteria should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 16, 2017. Only candidates who meet the minimum criteria and submit all material listed below will be considered:
- A cover letter expressing interest in this position and explanation of why the candidate believes his/her qualifications match those sough for the Executive Director of Operations of Matthews UMC. Please include your salary requirements in the cover letter.
- Current resume
- Statement of church affiliation and all volunteer church service
- Two reference letters from current or former supervisors (specifically as an Executive Director or Church Business Administrator)
No phone calls, please. Position will remain open until a qualified candidate is selected.
First United Methodist Church, Newton is seeking an Administrative Assistant
This is considered a full time position with benefits at 32 hours per week
This position will be responsible for all administrative office functions with an emphasis on finance and communications. Will perform all church financials including accounts payables, payroll, and preparation of monthly financial reports. Must have experience with multiple social media platforms in order to creatively communicate the activities of the church to members and to the public. Will also be responsible for maintenance of the church website. Office duties will include preparation of the weekly Sunday service bulletins, special program bulletins and the monthly newsletter. Ideal candidate would possess excellent communication skills, demonstrate teamwork and be a self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
Candidate must be of strong Christian faith and character and be supportive of our church mission statement as outlined on our church web-site.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A cover letter, resume, and list of references should be submitted by email to email@example.com by October 20th. For more information call Judy Ikerd at 828-320-1059.
Union Grove United Methodist Church of Union Grove, NC is looking for a person proficient in MS Word and Publisher, Monday-Thursday 9-2.
Administrative Assistant experience preferred.
Applicant needs to have a commitment to and love for Jesus Christ and God’s people. Knowledge and appreciation of the United Methodist Church, it’s polity and doctrine are highly reliable.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant for Music & Worship Arts Ministry of MUMC
FT – 30 hours, some flexibility in schedule, benefits included
Matthews United Methodist Church (Matthews, NC) seeks an individual eager to serve our dynamic worship arts ministry.
Responsibilities include administrative, record keeping and clerical tasks that support the worship & music ministry. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Education: High school diploma; 2 years of college in administrative or related field or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum of 2 years in an administrative position
Skills: Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills with attentiveness to details.
Knowledge: General knowledge of music and worship within a United Methodist Church. Proficiency in MS Word, Publisher, Excel and various computer applications.
Please forward resume with 3 references to email@example.com
Position will remain open until a qualified candidate is selected.
The United Methodist Foundation of Western North Carolina is accepting applications and referrals for the position of Executive Assistant to the CEO and COO. This is a full-time position that would be located in the Foundation’s office located at 13816 Professional Center Drive, Huntersville, NC.
To be considered, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before September 22, 2017. Please review the full job description at umfwnc.org/PDF/ExecAsstJob.pdf before applying. Candidates will be asked to interview and provide references before a hiring decision is made.
The primary function of the Executive Assistant is to provide executive support to the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Operating Officer to increase effectiveness and efficiency – for the purpose of fulfilling the mission of the United Methodist Foundation of Western North Carolina. The Executive Assistant is responsible for many aspects of daily operations and administrative tasks.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks without sacrificing excellent attention to detail
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with staff, board members, and clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, Social-Media web platforms, and prefer experience with Adobe Dreamweaver, FileMaker Pro, and eBridge
- Highly resourceful and proactive team player with proven ability to trouble-shoot and adapt
- Preferred: Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent/relevant work experience; Notary Certification or willingness to learn
Mission Statement of the Foundation:
The United Methodist Foundation of Western North Carolina Inc. is a ministry of the Church for the Church whose mission is to build the Church for generations to come. We fulfill this mission by investing in people, churches and related institutions and innovation. We envision a Church where people live-out their faith through the wise use of their God-given resources.
Providence United Methodist Church (Charlotte) seeks a facility person to work M-F from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Experience with maintenance work a must (plumbing, electrical, painting, cleaning, etc.), and must be able to lift at least 50 pounds. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Resumes should be sent to email@example.com.
Pineville UMC, Pineville, NC (South Charlotte area) is seeking a Full-time Administrative Assistant
Job description and application on church website, www.pinevilleumc.org