Salem United Methodist Church in Morganton, NC seeks an Office Administrator for part-time position (approximately 17 hours per week). The Office Administrator is accountable to the Senior Pastor and provides administrative support to the Pastor, other staff and to the congregation. Applicant must have a commitment to and love for Jesus Christ. Knowledge and appreciation of the United Methodist Church, its practices and teachings are highly desirable. Previous experience in a church setting is also preferred. A personal maturity and genuine commitment to Christian ministry that demonstrates joy for sharing one’s personal gifts, talents, abilities and interests through the local church’s ministry are key to success in this position.
A high degree of proficiency in Word, Publisher, Outlook, Excel, Quick Books/bookkeeping and church management software is mandatory. The Office Administrator maintains all payroll, financial and membership records and prepares reports as required. The position interacts with people both on the phone and in person. The ideal candidate possesses a positive attitude and works to the highest standards of excellence, integrity, and confidentiality and is highly organized, detail oriented, with excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
For a complete job description and to submit a resume and cover letter, please contact Rev. Norm Jones at email@example.com. Or visit www.sumcm.org Applications accepted until position is filled.
The Uwharrie District of the Western North Carolina Conference of The United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time administrative assistant for communications (10 hours per week, with flexible schedule to meet the needs of the District Office and the employee). The purpose of this position is to support the District Superintendent and the Conference in maintaining communication of all relevant information in a timely manner to the Uwharrie District.
Responsibilities will include producing the weekly newsletter, ensuring timely updates to the District website, maintaining local user groups, and email lists to ensure communication is appropriate and timely to individuals and groups within the District. This individual will also maintain contact/communication with candidates, clergy partners, surviving spouses, and all other clergy categories, and other office duties as needed.
Experience/training in newsletter development, website creation and maintenance is required, with the ability to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing; pleasant telephone manner; able to think on feet when dealing with callers. The ideal candidate will be proficient and keep up with updates of computer software, including Microsoft Office 2007 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Access (maintain database for mailing labels, lists, records for district reservations, certified lay speakers, etc.), Adobe Suite/Microsoft Publisher (newsletter, other brochures/flyers), and website management.
To apply for this position, please submit cover letter, resume and completed employment application (email preferred). Please click here to access the employment application: http://www.wnccadmin.org/docs/EmploymentapplicationNewLogo.docx
Kathy C. Odell, SPHR
Director of Human Resources
The Western North Carolina Conference of The United Methodist Church
P. O. Box 18005
Charlotte, NC 28218
(704) 567-6117 (Fax)
University City UMC, Charlotte, NC is seeking a part time Communications Coordinator (Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 4:00pm.)
- Serve as the gatekeeper for all materials created for internal and community distribution to
assure consistency of message and branding.
- Serve as a resource to staff and UCUMC groups on planning for internal & community advertising. Provide guidelines and suggestions for internal publications, photography needs, banner protocol, scrolling announcements, website use, flyers, posters, etc. Provide details about community publications, ad rates, and submittal deadlines.
- Attend worship planning and staff meetings to gather information for weekly needs as well as
long-range plans and events.
- Produce weekly worship needs:
- Bulletin – includes creating cover graphics to support the sermon (as needed), layout, printing, folding and distribution.
- Scrolling Announcements – receive requests, edit, and provide text to tech team.
- Produce The UCUMC News, printed weekly newsletter:
- Receive submissions, edit, layout, printing, and distribution.
- Produce the weekly UCUMC e-News
- Receive submissions, edit, layout, and schedule.
- Website management:
- Ongoing content updates.
- Reorganize site architecture as needed.
- Troubleshoot problems, issues.
- Manage Social Media:
- Create UCUMC relevant posts.
- Monitor for inappropriate comments/posts and delete as needed.
- UCUMC App.
- Manage postings for digital sign.
- Coordinate and/or create ads for magazines/newspapers.
- Design and coordinate printing of curbside banners.
- Design and produce postcards, flyers, posters for special events or ministries.
- Design and produce bulletins for special services and musicals.
- Design and produce @UCUMC booklet (Fall, Winter/Spring, Summer editions)
- Design and produce materials to support special initiatives, Sermon Series, etc.
- Manage Communications yearly budget
- Oversight of Communication related invoices; responsible for required financial forms.
Applicant’s qualifications should include the following:
Proficient in Word, Publisher, PageMaker, photo editing software
Experience in website content maintenance, Robly, and social media
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Send cover letter and resume to Ria Holtzhausen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chestnut Grove United Methodist Church, King, NC is seeking an Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant is accountable to the Pastor and provides administrative support to the Pastor, other staff, and to the congregation. The Administrative Assistant must have a commitment to and love for Jesus Christ.
Necessary Skills and Experience
A high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office-Word, Publisher, Outlook, and Excel, Quickbooks, Website maintenance, and Financial and Payroll background is desired. A knowledge and appreciation of the United Methodist Church, its practices and teachings are critical to this position.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Greet visitors and answer the telephone with enthusiasm, answering questions when needed. This position sets the impression of the church
- Process incoming mail, distribute accordingly.
- Coordinate with the Trustees the use of the church building and grounds. This may involve answering questions, providing the application, getting the request approved by the pastor or committee responsible, and following up payment of fees, keys,
- Schedule events/meetings on the Church Reservation Calendar
- Schedule groups to use the bus on the Bus Reservation Calendar
- Keep a copy of the calendar visible for people to see on the bulletin board upstairs
- Update church policies as needed, by instructions from the appropriate team
- Fill out Outreach Forms for people needing assistance. Pastor will make judgment call on how much and type of assistance given
- Type correspondence from Pastor and Team Chairs as needed
- Have basic knowledge for sending messages on the Phonetree
- Prepare Flower Calendar for Sanctuary in December for the following year
- Maintain computer software and oversee the upgrades
- Maintain the church’s website making sure its information is current
- Maintain and prepare church directory yearly
- Maintain members mail boxes upstairs
- Attend Finance Team meetings and others as necessary
- Maintain copies of all Team Meeting Minutes in the church office
- Maintain all financial accounting using Quickbooks
- Write checks for bills using Quickbooks. Only AFTER they are written, have the Treasurer sign them.
- Record contributions that come in the mail weekly on the Contributions Report form and place them in the safe to be counted by the Money Counters on Sunday
- Verify Sunday offering by recounting monies placed in church safe on Sunday with a member of the Finance Team. Enter contributions into Quickbooks, prepare deposit slip, and take to bank weekly
- Email the Attendance and Giving Report and the Quickbooks Report weekly to the Pastor, Chair of Administrative Council, Finance Team Chair, Lay Leader, Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, Director of Children and Youth, and other members by request
- Prepare payroll for pastor, church staff, and After School Program staff. Employees may choose monthly or bi-monthly payment and to have payroll delivered electronically or by check. Enter payroll information for each employee into payroll book
- Calculate and submit State sales tax refund every six months
- Prepare Federal and State Tax Withholding Reports on Church and After School employees monthly. File Federal Withholding payments electronically each month and File State Withholding payments by mail each month.
- Reconcile the bank statement through Quickbooks at the end of each month. Copies of the Reconciliation Report should be given to the Finance Team Chair and placed in a file in the church office
- Prepare Balance Sheet and Treasurer’s Reports at the end of each month. Reports should be distributed to all Administrative Council members, Pastor, and Director of Children & Youth.
- Prepare yearly budget worksheet to submit to Finance Team so it can be completed and submitted each year to Church Council for vote
- Prepare yearly contribution reports for members for tax purposes by January 31.
- Prepare yearly tax forms online, such as; W-2’s, W-3’s by January 31
- Work with Finance team when records need to be audited
C. After School Program
- Enter payments into Quickbooks and make deposits to bank
- Run reports as needed for Board Meetings
- Pay bills as needed
- Run bi-monthly payroll for employees. Enter into Quickbooks and into payroll book
- Calculate Federal (monthly/quarterly) and State (monthly) Tax Deposits. Submit with church employee tax withholding payments
- Reconcile Bank statements on a monthly basis, keeping a copy on file and give copies to the Director and Board Chair
- Print end-of-year statements for children enrolled and give to the Director to distribute
- Prepare weekly bulletin with information from Pastor and Music Director. Be aware of items to be added or deleted in the Order of Worship if there are special events. Get scripture and updated prayer list from the Pastor
- Prepare inserts for bulletin
- Edit bulletin for correction. DO NOT PRINT UNTIL APPROVED BY THE PASTOR
- Copy Worship and Children’s Bulletins weekly. (Worship-107; Homebound Members-5; Children’s Bulletins-16 each age GROUP)
- Fold and stuff bulletins
- Will have special bulletins during Christmas, Easter, and funerals, etc.
- Email final draft of bulletin to the congregation
E. Mailing and Printing
- Maintain a supply of stamps for staff and church mailings
- Mail bulletins weekly to shut-ins.
- Send acknowledgement cards to donors and recipients when special gifts are made in honor or in memory of a loved one
- Copy any other materials for Team Members pertaining to church activities when asked
- Maintain a supply of church letterhead/envelopes, laser checks/envelopes, and a variety of copy paper
- Check email and phone messages daily. Respond before leaving the church office for the day.
- Any incoming correspondences by email from should go to appropriate Team Chair as needed.
- Maintain office supplies. May have to pick up at Office Depot or Staples as needed
- Order any supplies for the Pastor, Custodian, Kitchen Committee, and Teachers such as; certificates of baptism/membership, Sunday school curriculum, VBS curriculum, contribution envelopes, Membership pads, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Maintain current leasing/maintenance contracts on office machinery, lawn care, and custodian.
- Fax and file as necessary
G. District and Conference
- Gather information from Team Chairs to prepare reports for Charge Conference and End of Year Conference Reports
- Prepare all reports as directed by Pastor and submit as required, whether printed or electronically.
- Make copies of all reports. Original goes to the District Office. One copy is given to the Pastor and one copy is kept in the church office
- Prepare Conference Year End Reports. Due in January of the following yar
Responsibilities of the Church for the Administrative Assistan
- 20 hours weekly (Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.)
- Compensation is paid on an hourly basis. SPR has approved 80 hours per month
- Any over-time necessary requires type-written documentation and submitted to the Pastor or SPR Chair to have overtime approved. Overtime should not be worked without prior approval as indicated above
B. Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Wages – hourly rate $13.00/hour based on 20 hours/week with possible raise after 90 day performance review
- Travel Reimbursement – $500/year. Church pays standard mileage rate set by IRS for travel reimbursement.
- Vacation – 1 work week paid after 1 year
- Paid Holidays –New Year’s Day, MLK Day, President’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and
- Applicant required to submit consent to a criminal background check
- Applicant required to submit consent to drug testing at the discretion of the SPR Committee.
Submit resumes and at least three (3) references to email@example.com
Position: Church Administrative Assistant/Financial Secretary, North Morganton UMC
Immediate Employment opportunity – Part-time (24 hours per week) position at a growing church. Applicant must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Publisher and financial software such as QuickBooks: Experience with ACS (Automated Church Systems) is a plus. Church office experience is preferred, but not required. Excellent interpersonal a must. Send Resume and cover letter by June 15, 12017 to: Attn: Denise Rust, SPRC (Staff Parish Relations Committee Chair) 990 Sanford Drive, Morganton, NC 28655
Lutheridge Camp, Arden, NC: Part-time Efird Office Assistant shall be a person committed to Jesus Christ and the church and be dedicated to working in a church related organization. The main responsibilities relate to all areas of registration – including summer campers, adult/family programs, seasonal programs, and hosted ministry. This person shall be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and have excellent communication, organization, phone and listening skills. The Efird Office Assistant shall have the ability to handle multiple tasks and complete tasks in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail. This position reports directly to the Registration Manager, but provides information to other staff members as needed. This position is a part-time (10 – 15 hours per week), hourly, non-exempt position. Resumes can be sent to Jessica at registration@NovusWay.com
Huntersville United Methodist Church (HUMC) is a vibrant, active church and we are looking for two part time custodians, someone for morning shift 7:00 am – 1:00 pm and someone for evening shift 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm, to clean, care, and prepare for our many ministry and mission activities. Specific days will be negotiated at time of hire.
Applicants should be self-starters, conscientious and able to work independently. Responsibilities include safely lifting heavy objects, bending, stooping, working on ladders, using floor buffers, and general cleaning and maintenance tasks. Knowledge of heating, plumbing and electrical systems desired but not required. Minimum qualifications include High School diploma or GED. Enthusiastic, energetic and professional work ethic. Team player, Warm-hearted. Strong customer service skills and the ability to get along with others are vital. Treat co-workers, congregation, visitors, and children with respect and dignity. Understand and adhere to HUMC Safe Sanctuary Policy and uphold the mission and vision of HUMC. We desire someone with prior custodial experience. This may be the opportunity you have been looking for to join a great team in Christian ministry! Send resume or job history with a letter of interest to Emily Bumann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14005 Stumptown Rd
Huntersville, North Carolina 28078
Midway United Methodist Church, Kannapolis, NC is seeking a Program Coordinator
Church Staff Expectations:
The staff members of Midway United Methodist Church strive to be people of integrity in our faith and in our work. To that end, we have specific Staff Expectations for each member of our staff to embrace in his/her daily professional life. These staff expectations include such things as regular worship attendance, study of the Scriptures, growth in faith and the support of the overall church ministry. Staff members should sincerely desire to grow in faith and expression of faith.
The appropriate person for the position of “Program Coordinator” shall work in “partnership” with the Senior Pastor and shall report directly to the Senior Pastor. The position is not a 9-5 type of position, but rather one that may require flexibility. This is considered an “exempt position.”
Two Areas of Responsibilities
The Program Coordinator shall be able to create and implement activities and programs while working with teams of volunteers. She/he shall be able to engage and involve church members and attenders in the leadership of the church ministry.
- Direct and coordinate youth and children’s programming details within and outside worship services. This includes providing youth and children with opportunities for fellowship, evangelism, worship, and mission.
- Recruit, manage, motivate, and equip staff, volunteers, and student leaders.
- Regularly connect and converse with teenagers in the program setting.
- Provide strategic planning and vision to children and youth (including a variety of drama, hands-on activities, and music).
The Program Coordinator is the first contact for many persons who visit or call Midway United Methodist Church. As such, she/he is expected to greet persons with a smile. She/he shall have good communication skills with those whom she/he is in contact. She/he must be able to keep confidences (i.e. visitor’s comments, pastor’s comments, visits for help).
- Write letters on behalf of the church.
- Work with the Trustees to make sure all repairs are made on church grounds.
- Be the point-person for communication, including updating the webpage and working with the Pastor and Lay Leaders to keep the Facebook and Instagram accounts up-to-date; preparing the weekly bulletin; preparing the monthly newsletters; and working with volunteers in the DVD and YouTube ministries of the church.
- Work with other staff and volunteers active in the church worship and education programs (i.e. 12 Gates’ band, Education Team).
- Work with the Lead Pastor to maintain the up-to-date membership records (including birthdates, anniversaries) and records of persons who attend who are not members. Once-a-year, update a PDF Church Directory of the church members/attenders.
- Develop, maintain and use a list of volunteers to carry out responsibilities, as appropriate.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and members of the Technology Team to prepare materials for our worship service overheads and work with volunteers to secure a team to run the over-heads.
- She/he shall work in partnership with the Lead Pastor.
- Other areas as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Abilities in use of social media (i.e. Webpage, Facebook, & Instagram).
- Experience with creating and/or modifying curriculum to be developmentally appropriate.
- Abilities in Education and Technology leadership.
- Demonstrates a passion for facilitating spiritual growth.
- Experience in and knowledge of human development.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, plus ability to coordinate events and projects.
- Prior experience working with all ages, but especially Young Adults and younger.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of developing quality relationships.
- Ability to create and/or modify curriculum to be developmentally and theologically appropriate.