University City UMC, located in Charlotte NC, is seeking a full-time Facility Manager.
UCUMC is a dynamic Christ centered and Biblically based congregation and our mission is to make disciples by Loving God, Growing in Christ, and Reaching Out to others.
A suitable candidate must be able to perform duties and to keep deadlines. The requirements listed in the job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
A high school diploma or General Education degree (GED) and a minimum of 5 years related experience is required.
Interested applicants should submit their application with references and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 26th.
Hickory Grove United Methodist Church – 6401 Hickory Grove Rd. Charlotte, NC 28215. is seeking a Facilities Manager
Here are some of the qualifications required for the role :
- Perform and/or supervise routine maintenance on all church-owned physical facilities and mechanical equipment. , and be able to recommend their future assistance.
- Write scopes of work and coordinate with service vendors to provide quotes.
- Administer contracts with the cleaning service, waste management service, grounds service and other service vendors.
- Work with various governmental, insurance and contracted inspectors in periodic inspections of church-owned facilities.
- Perform regular inspections and preventive nature.
- Maintain a preventive maintenance
- Assist in the management of programmable thermostats and boiler controls as needed.
- Assist in setup/breakdown of church sponsored events.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory levels of maintenance supplies
- Maintain outdoor church equipment such as gates, fences, signs, playground equipment etc.
- Work to secure buildings as needed.
- Reports to : Senior Pastor
- Work Schedule : 20 Hours per week
- Hourly Wage: : $11.00 to 13.00 Per Hour Based on experience
Please send resumes to Dee Dee Edwards – Chair SPRC – email@example.com
Myers Memorial UMC (301 South New Hope Road Gastonia, NC 28054) is seeking an ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Contact person: Rev. Sally Queen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant is part of the ministry of Myers Memorial United Methodist Church by creating an environment of hospitality for all call and visit the church. The Administrative Assistant is available to the needs of others and eager to help church members and staff in a professional manner. The Administrative Assistant will handle interruptions pleasantly while handling assigned tasks and needs that arise. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Senior Pastor.
Hours: 9:00 AM-4:00 PM, Monday-Thursday and 9:00 AM-Noon, Friday
- Disciple of Jesus Christ and familiarity or willingness to learn United Methodist doctrine and theology
- Church office administration experience preferred
- Highly developed communication skills, relational, and ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality and professionalism
- Proficient in computer skills for Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Publisher and Church Windows are preferred.
- Ability to work on a team, multitask and handle interruptions
- Greet visitors and answer phone calls and check for staff availability prior to directing calls and visitors
- Serve as the liaison and handle responsibilities related to the church’s CPA firm
- Use the Gateway Referral form for calls and visitors seeking financial assistance. Hand out snack packs to those in need
- Order office supplies and manage the office supply budget
- Send cards to church members for special occasions, illness and sympathy
- Input membership data to Church Windows and Membership Book, so membership is accurate and current
- Assist staff and committee chairpersons with mailings and correspondence (ex: printing, distribution, labels, reminder emails for meetings)
- Assimilate Connection Cards from worship to mail visitor letters, update, organize and share information with the appropriate staff and lay leadership
- Maintain and prepare Charge Conference and Year End Report information under the direction of the Pastor
- Manage and maintain office equipment and computers in partnership with the church trustees
- Recruit and train office volunteers
- Assist members and staff as needs arise
Resumes should be emailed to email@example.com
Apex UMC Family of Faith Communities (Apex, NC) is seeking a full-time, exempt Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for all matters pertaining to the Lead Pastor. The Executive Assistant also provides human resources administrative support and oversees special projects.
The Executive Assistant will report to the Lead Pastor and will be responsible for the following:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Lead Pastor including: managing incoming phone calls and emails; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plan and coordinate the Lead Pastor’s calendar.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Lead Pastor, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Work closely and effectively with the Lead Pastor to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense of the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Lead Pastor updated.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Lead Pastor’s ability to effectively lead Apex UMC Family of Faith Communities.
- Prepare materials for the Lead Pastor prior to counseling sessions, speaking engagements, funerals, and weddings. Conduct research for content as directed.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Coordinate schedules and prepare materials for on-campus interviews.
- Prepare new hire packets and initiates/manages the on-boarding process for new employees including initiating background checks, coordinating onboarding activities with IT, Admin/Facilities, Communications, Finance, collecting new hire paperwork, entering new employees into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), etc.
- Attend ministry and conference meetings as directed by the Lead Pastor.
- Provide leadership, coordination, and support for special projects and events as assigned by the Lead Pastor and Executive Director. These projects may include an annual stewardship campaign, quarterly NCCUMC critical driver reports, and annual charge conference.
- Provide assistance to other staff members and ministry areas as directed by the Executive Director.
- Pray regularly and actively develop one’s personal faith.
- Sense God’s calling to this ministry and be eager to use one’s gifts and talents to serve Christ.
- Commit to invite and equip laity to serve in ministry area when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant administrative work experience. Relevant human resources work experience a plus.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to handle multiple interruptions/adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and project management skills with a fine eye for detail.
- A self-starter who is also a team player and able to work with minimal direction/little supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and be organized, flexible and personable.
A cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and writing sample should be sent as one file (file name: EA Package for First Name Last Name) in a Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference will be given to application packages received by Friday, March 31, 2017, and the job will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Providence United Methodist Church (Charlotte, NC) seeks a facility person to work M-F from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Experience with maintenance work a must (plumbing, electrical, painting, cleaning, etc.), and must be able to lift at least 50 pounds. This is a full-time position with benefits. Resumes should be sent to email@example.com.
Aldersgate United Methodist Church in Shelby, NC is seeking an experienced and qualified Secretary to join our ministry team. The Secretary provides project management, office administration, and communication support. This position requires a person who possesses flexibility, creativity and problem-solving skills as well as a pleasant and helpful manner in working with the church, congregation members, community, laity, and staff.
- Friendly, professional demeanor
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to create systems to increase office efficiency
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative to get the task done
- Ability to learn new software
- Desire to serve God and the church, and to contribute to the mission and vision of Aldersgate UMC as part of a ministry team
- High School diploma with 2-3 years’ administrative office experience
- Preference given to those with experience working in a church
Software and Technology Skills and Competencies
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office (Publisher, Outlook, Office 365, Excel, and Word)
- Strong knowledge of office equipment (computer, telephone, printer, copiers, fax machine, postage meter, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of internet, cloud storage and Social media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter)
- Prefer Knowledge with Power Church Software (church membership database)
- Familiar with Google Apps (Email, Calendar, Drive, Maps, Chrome)
- Familiar with Email Marketing Software (Mail Chimp, Constant Contact)
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Provide project management, office administration, and communication support to Pastor, ministry leaders, community, and congregation members
- Manage day-to-day operations of front office administration (manage office volunteers, sending letters, greeting visitors, incoming/outgoing mail, answering/screening phone calls and doors, receiving deliveries, order office supplies, office equipment maintenance, filing)
- Design and create church-wide communications to include Sunday and holiday (Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc) church bulletins, stewardship campaign materials, e-newsletter, logos, small group and ministry brochures, funeral bulletins, ads and event posters
- Complete Charge Conference and Tables I, II, III reports and other online data collection required by NC Conference of the United Methodist Church
- Create and distribute weekly e-newsletter “This Week at Duke Memorial” to church list-serv using MailChimp and Constant Contact
- Develop systems and processes to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the front office and church
- Manage and create budget for Office Administration
- Update of church membership database using PowerChurch software to keep accurate records of over 900 members (new members, certificate of transfers, baptisms, confirmations, visitors, birthdays, anniversaries, change of address, etc.)
- Maintain a master calendar of all church activities and of all events taking place in our facilities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Monday – Thursday (Possibly Four Hours on Friday), Full-time (36-40 hours/week), non-exempt position
- This person is responsible to the Pastor who does the annual evaluation, and this person collaborates with the Pastor on setting annual ministry goals/outcomes.
- Hiring salary range will be determined based on education and experience. A successful background check is required for this position prior to hire. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No phone calls please.
Boger City United Methodist Church in Lincolnton, NC, is seeking a self-motivated, part-time Administrative Assistant. The normal hours for this position are Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. Applicant must be proficient in Microsoft Office, social media, have good people skills and the ability to work with staff and church volunteers.
If you are interested in this position and would like more information about this position, please contact Lisa Garrison at email@example.com.
Ardmore UMC (630 S. Hawthorne Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27103) seeks a Facilities Manager (Full-Time)
Ardmore UMC, an active congregation in the heart of Winston-Salem’s historic Ardmore neighborhood, seeks a full-time Facilities Manager. This position is part of an integrated approach to community evangelism and lifelong Christian discipleship, and it will partner closely with other ministry areas in the
church. The position requires basic construction, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC knowledge, as well as modeling Christian behavior and representing the church in the community. It is also a hands-on ministry of helping others be meaningfully involved with the care of valuable, historic church property. Some on-call work may be required, as well as some routine cleaning and maintenance.
Salary and other benefits are negotiable depending upon experience and licenses. Local church experience is a plus. You may e-mail a cover letter, resume, and three references by February 28, 2017 to Facilities Manager Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.