Regional Coordinator for Partners in Health and Wholeness (PHW) initiative of the NC Council of Churches, Charlotte region.
Hours: Full time with occasional evening, Saturday and Sunday engagements and some travel within the state
Approximate Salary: $38,000 with benefits (vacation, sick leave, retirement option after 3 months)
Reports to: PHW Program Director
With nearly eight decades of progressive activism, the North Carolina Council of Churches remains the leading faith-based ecumenical voice for justice advocacy in North Carolina. We are particularly concerned about issues related to health care, immigration, farmworkers, care of creation, voting rights, food security, peace, and making all congregations healthier places. The Council embraces ethnic, racial, gender, and sexual diversity, while standing within the Christian faith.
Partners in Health and Wholeness (PHW) works with faith communities across the state helping them live healthier and more fulfilling lives. PHW provides faith communities with tools, resources, and support to enhance their capacity and readiness to address the health priorities of their congregation and surrounding community. By strengthening the connection between faith, health, and social justice as well as helping faith communities be the leads in addressing their health issues- we hope to help reduce the health burden in NC.
The PHW Regional Coordinator will serve a designated region* of congregations located in the state with a special focus on rural areas. Specific job responsibilities of the PHW Regional Coordinator include:
- Promoting the PHW Collaboration and Mini-grant program through building relationships with clergy, congregants and community partners.
- Event planning and hosting to promote PHW partnerships, resources and support to help congregations take steps toward better health and wholeness
- Develop special projects and/or resources for PHW statewide initiatives regarding areas such as (but not limited to) food systems, mental health, health policy/advocacy, etc.
- Complete program and financial reports related to program activities in region.
- Write and submit blogs to promote information regarding faith, health, and social justice
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Assume other tasks as requested by the PHW Director and NC Council of Churches Leadership.
- Public health/health and wellness experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organizational and relational skills
- Self-guided and pays attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with others
- Proficiency in MS office
- General agreement with the NCCC’s mission for Christian unity and social justice and PHW’s mission for promoting health as a practice of faith and social justice
- Willingness to undergo a criminal background and/or credit check
- Program planning and budget management experience
- Reside in one of the designated counties
- Community, grass-roots, organizing
- Interest and background in food systems, mental health, or health policy/advocacy
- Experience working with faith communities and/or nonprofit organizations
- Advanced degree in public health, religion, theology or a related field
- Proficiency with WordPress, Sales Force and iContact
- Affiliation with a faith community that is part of the NCCC’s membership
* Charlotte region includes, but is not limited to, the following counties:Lincoln, Gaston, Iredell, Rowan, Cabarrus, Union, Anson, Montgomery, Richmond, Stanly and Mecklinburg.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 27 Horne Street, Raleigh, NC 27607. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please note: PHW Regional Coordinator, in the subject line.