Francis Asbury UMC in Candler, NC seeking a Director of Children and Family Ministries
Small-membership, but big-hearted congregation seeking a part-time Director of Children and Family Ministries. Pay negotiable upon experience and education.
Send resume to Rev. Dr. Michael Kurtz at: Francis Asbury UMC, P.O. Box 67, Candler, NC 28715. Or, email to email@example.com.
Clemmons United Methodist Church of Clemmons, NC is seeking an After School and Summer Care Ministry Leader (part time staff position, 20-25 hours per week) to begin service on August 1, 2017. The After School and Summer Care Ministry is a Christian outreach ministry for covenant partners of the church and the Clemmons community. We currently have 45-50 elementary aged children enrolled in this vital ministry.
The Ministry Leader:
- Develops relationships with children, parents and staff members while providing a safe, encouraging Christian environment for K-5th grade students to receive academic support through tutoring and enrichment activities and to participate in both creative and recreational activities
- Guides staff in leading activities that promote positive child development, leadership and an enjoyment of learning
- Acts as a mentor and models leadership behaviors to both staff and students participating in the ministry
- Must be willing to act as an effective member of a team on the After School Ministry Team, the Weekday Children’s Ministries Team and the Church Staff.
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- Fluent in the English language
- Demonstrate a strong faith in Jesus Christ in life and practice
- Undergraduate degree in Child Development, Child Psychology, Early Childhood Education or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibilities in child care or early childhood education
- Minimum of 2 years direct managerial responsibilities
- Possess strong leadership, interpersonal, team-building and conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Publisher and Excel and internet
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s license
- Willingness to drive a 15 passenger bus
- Pass mandatory background checks
All interested parties are asked to send resumes and inquiries to Kathy Giff, Coordinator of Children’s Ministries, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunrise UMC, a contemporary congregation in Lewisville, North Carolina, seeking energetic person to lead children and youth programs and develop plans for spiritual growth, with willingness to be involved in community outreach and management of church facilities. Must relate well with all ages, have organizational skills, computer competency (Word, Excel, other Internet-based programs). Other Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree, prefer previous work in a ministry setting, understanding of Wesleyan theology.
For questions or a copy of the Job Description, please email Karen at Sunriseumcoffice@gmail.com. To apply, send cover letter and résumé to: Sunrise UMC, Attn: Ron Fobes, 1111 Lewisville-Clemmons Road, Lewisville, NC 27023, or email Sunriseumcoffice@gmail.com with the subject “Director of Community Outreach & Student Ministries” by April 30, 2017. Salary negotiated upon experience and qualifications.
Apex UMC Family of Faith Communities (Apex, NC) is seeking a full-time, exempt Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for all matters pertaining to the Lead Pastor. The Executive Assistant also provides human resources administrative support and oversees special projects.
The Executive Assistant will report to the Lead Pastor and will be responsible for the following:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Lead Pastor including: managing incoming phone calls and emails; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plan and coordinate the Lead Pastor’s calendar.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Lead Pastor, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Work closely and effectively with the Lead Pastor to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense of the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Lead Pastor updated.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Lead Pastor’s ability to effectively lead Apex UMC Family of Faith Communities.
- Prepare materials for the Lead Pastor prior to counseling sessions, speaking engagements, funerals, and weddings. Conduct research for content as directed.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Coordinate schedules and prepare materials for on-campus interviews.
- Prepare new hire packets and initiates/manages the on-boarding process for new employees including initiating background checks, coordinating onboarding activities with IT, Admin/Facilities, Communications, Finance, collecting new hire paperwork, entering new employees into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), etc.
- Attend ministry and conference meetings as directed by the Lead Pastor.
- Provide leadership, coordination, and support for special projects and events as assigned by the Lead Pastor and Executive Director. These projects may include an annual stewardship campaign, quarterly NCCUMC critical driver reports, and annual charge conference.
- Provide assistance to other staff members and ministry areas as directed by the Executive Director.
- Pray regularly and actively develop one’s personal faith.
- Sense God’s calling to this ministry and be eager to use one’s gifts and talents to serve Christ.
- Commit to invite and equip laity to serve in ministry area when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant administrative work experience. Relevant human resources work experience a plus.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to handle multiple interruptions/adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and project management skills with a fine eye for detail.
- A self-starter who is also a team player and able to work with minimal direction/little supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and be organized, flexible and personable.
A cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and writing sample should be sent as one file (file name: EA Package for First Name Last Name) in a Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
Preference will be given to application packages received by Friday, March 31, 2017, and the job will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Project Salud y Paz seeks a dedicated and energetic full-time Executive Director to lead its service programs among the indigenous Mayan people of the impoverished Guatemala highlands. The Executive Director oversees the work of 30 full-time employees, full-time volunteers from the US and part-time volunteers from the US who serve in short-term mission teams. The work of United Methodist-related Proejct Salud y Paz has touched over 150,000 lives since its inception in 2001, providing medical, dental and surgical services as well as health education to adults and basic education to children through the second grade. We seek an experienced and mature leader with leadership skills, administrative experience, fundraising and board development skills, and the ability to speak or quickly learn the Spanish language. Please see a full posting and job description at http://www.saludypaz.org/executive-director-job-posting/.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Salud y Paz Search Committee, ℅ Edmonds United Methodist Church, 828 Caspers St., Edmonds WA 98020.
Providence United Methodist Church (Charlotte, NC) seeks a facility person to work M-F from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Experience with maintenance work a must (plumbing, electrical, painting, cleaning, etc.), and must be able to lift at least 50 pounds. This is a full-time position with benefits. Resumes should be sent to email@example.com.
The Western North Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church is seeking candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant for Mission Partnerships and Connectional Relationships, with shared administrative support to the Assistant to the Bishop. The shared focus of this position is to facilitate the work of the Conference Office through support in carrying out their varied ministry responsibilities so that local churches, pastors, and members have access to, and knowledge of, the available resources that assist them in making disciples and becoming vital congregations in their communities. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, located at the Conference Office location.
- The ideal candidate will provide a significant amount of support in managing and processing all requests for payment and deposits for funds, event, and programs sponsored/supported/ overseen by Mission Partnerships and Connectional Relationships (includes requisitions and transfers)
- Receive, deposit, and acknowledge all financial gifts to all missions (i.e. Project Agape, Disaster Response, Samaritan’s Clinic and others)
- Record and track all Mission and Ministry grant requests
- Administer the Mission and Ministry budget process (preparation, distribution, recording and accounting)
Support to the Assistant to the Bishop will include coordination of Cabinet meetings, providing administrative support to meetings held at the Conference Office and occasional off-site gatherings; maintaining calendar, composing routine letters and maintenance of church information in the Conference database, and other administrative support.
A demonstrated ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and professionalism in all matters is required. The candidate selected will exhibit excellent communication skills – written, verbal and listening – as well as a proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and PowerPoint. An Associate’s degree is preferred, with 5-7 years of progressively responsible administrative experience, with a demonstrated ability to work independently to organize, prioritize and execute responsibilities with minimal supervision. Foundational traits include respect, cooperation and intentional honesty; ability to be open and flexible; and having a Servant’s heart and mind, accountable for work and actions in all things.
To apply for this position, please submit cover letter, resume and completed employment application (email preferred). Please click here to access the employment application: http://www.wnccadmin.org/docs/EmploymentApplicationFillable.pdf
Kathy C. Odell, SPHR
Director of Human Resources
The Western North Carolina Conference of The United Methodist Church
P. O. Box 18005
Charlotte, NC 28218
(704) 567-6117 (Fax)
Maple Springs United Methodist Church in Winston-Salem is seeking a full-time employee who will serve as our Youth Ministry and Food Pantry Coordinator.
Terms of Employment:
- The position is 40 hours per week. .
- Two weeks of vacation for the first five years of employment, three weeks, thereafter
- Salary and benefits package to be negotiated
- Probationary hiring period of 90 days
TO APPLY: Email your resume to Chris Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications received through May 1