Grace United Methodist Church, 737 E. Woodlawn Rd. in Charlotte, is seeking a new Director of Music starting later this summer. Responsibilities include directing the Adult Choir, “Grace Notes” handbell choir, and planning music for worship and special services.
Current rehearsal times are Wednesdays 7:00 – 8:15 pm for the Adult Choir, and Sundays 6:00 – 7:00 pm for the handbell choir. There is one Sunday worship service at 11:00 am.
Grace is a small, spirit-filled church with a choir that is very capable of wonderful things. The hours are ideal for someone with other full time employment, and the job provides a nice extra income to help make ends meet.
Please call or e-mail Tom Harris if interested.
Shiloh United Methodist Church (Granite Quarry, NC)has an opening for an organist/pianist for the 11:00 Sunday Morning Worship Service. It is hoped that this person would be available for funerals and weddings as well as special Christian Holiday Celebrations. Choir Practice is also on Sunday Mornings at 9 AM. This is a part-time position. This person will work directly with the pastor and assist with worship.
Please Contact Polly McCracken Chair SPRC, 704 279 2129, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Buford Street United Methodist Church in Gaffney, SC is seeking a part-time choir director or choir director/organist. This person will work closely with the Pastor to help provide meaningful traditional worship. A minimum of 5+ years relative experience preferred but not required. Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Reverend Jim Johnston at email@example.com
First United Methodist Church in Conover, NC is seeking a part-time organist.
Part-time organist needed to play at the 11:00 am Sunday worship services and at other special services during the year (Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday), including funeral services. This person will work closely with the Pastor and Music Director to plan and provide meaningful and engaging worship. Salary will be based on experience.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Myers Memorial UMC in Gastonia, NC is seeking a part-time organist. This person will work closely with the Pastor and the Director of Music to help provide meaningful worship. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in music and experience in church music is preferred. Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Rev. Sally Queen (email@example.com). A complete job description is available upon request.
Gibsonville United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time organist/pianist and choir director (one or two persons) for our traditional worship. Organist/pianist responsibilities would include playing at Sunday 11am worship, funerals, or other special services. A choir director’s responsibilities would include selecting music and directing a traditional worship choir, hand bell choir and other choirs that might be formed. Salary negotiable as to experience and responsibilities. Contact: Pastor Sybil Parks at 336-529-3005 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Start date: June 1, 2017
Morehead United Methodist Church (3214 Horse Pen Creek Road, Greensboro, NC 27410) seeks a Youth & Worship Leader
Formerly rural, now suburban church in Northwest Greensboro with varied worship services and vital youth ministry is needing a Youth & Worship Leader to nurture church growth.
- Expand present Youth Ministry with 6th – 12th graders
- Nurture relationships with church youth
- Reach out to youth in surrounding neighborhoods, growing the ministry
- Facilitate and assist in Contemporary and Traditional Worship services, sharing responsibilities with the Lead Pastor
- Help Lead Pastor develop New Member Assimilation Pattern
- Teach Sunday School Classes
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- A vital Christian faith
- Exhibit a willingness to learn about United Methodism
- Teach Sunday School classes
Hours: 15 – 20 per week
Salary: $12,000 annual
Contact Diane Nuckolls for more information at email@example.com
Assurance UMC in Huntersville, NC is seeking a Director of Modern Worship
- 20-25 Hours a week
- Salary Range: $25,000
- Experience Preferred
Objective – To lead a modern worship ministry that “Grows Disciples of Jesus Christ that GO serve Christ in the world.”
Our ideal candidate would be able to lead worship from a microphone and/or a primary instrument, and would be personable, organized, good at communication and would be willing and able to develop servant leaders in a worship ministry.
Task and Qualities Associated with the Role:
- Lead as a trustworthy and Christ centered figure in leading worship for a diverse group of people in a growing church and community.
- Provide worship and musical leadership for our 8:15am and 9:30am worship services that fit the theme of our services and seasons. 8:15 is a more relaxed and intimate “coffee house” setting with just an instrument or two. 9:30 is modern worship with a full band. These services need a nice balance of inspiring and upbeat worship music with reflective, softer moments.
- Host a weekly rehearsal with the modern worship team that supports these services.
- Work with the Sunday technical leader(s) to properly organize the song list for Sunday mornings (screens, etc.).
- Organize the worship service and songs on Planning Center for the band and pastoral leaders.
- Intentionality around developing and deploying existing and new singers and band members as servants in this ministry.
- Lead in our seasonal/special services—such as, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc.
- Attend occasional meetings with the pastors to organize, reflect, and dream about the weekly worship experiences.
- Work with Youth Ministry to continually develop and help teach/lead Youth Band that could share in worship leadership at least 4 times a year.
If you have any questions or needs for clarification, please contact Co-Lead Pastor Susannah Pittman at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Assurance UMC, check out our website at www.assuranceumc.org.