Central United Methodist Church in Mooresville, NC is seeking a Preschool Director
- Work in a supervisory capacity to develop, maintain, and implement a high quality early childcare program that addresses the spiritual, social, emotional, and physical needs of preschool children while upholding the guidelines of the preschool.
- Review monthly lesson plans (instructional activities, daily schedules, units of study, ) for each classroom.
- Work with teachers to establish material and equipment
- Make a daily presence in the classrooms and on the playground.
- Hold staff members responsible for their job responsibilities as outlined in the Personnel Policy Manual and job description.
- Supervise arrangements for special class field trips.
- Look for ways to improve upon our current curriculum and program.
B. Director/Teacher Relations
- Assume overall management of staff and delegation of work. Including but not limited to, interviewing, hiring, evaluation, training, and dismissal of staff according to established guidelines outlined in preschool policy manual. Collect necessary information and forms needed for accountant/book
- Work cooperatively with all teachers. As well as other church staff, and Preschool committee members.
- Call and prepare for staff
- Maintain personnel records and keep them locked in the safe.
- Coordinate, and participate in, ongoing staff training. Document all training for all employees in personnel files upon completion.
- Conduct yearly formal, documented and signed, evaluations of staff to be placed in personnel files.
- Report any suspected child abuse or neglect to Social Services.
- Supervise that teachers are arranging for their own substitutes when necessary. Ensure all Lunch Bunch shifts are covered. Note for payroll purposes.
- Ensure and maintain appropriate teacher to student ratios while taking into consideration the Fire Marshall’s recommendations based on age and room
C. Operational Expectations
- Maintain enrollment and coordinate registration for subsequent years.
- Arrange purchase of needed supplies within the management/financial guidelines from the Preschool Committee. Coordinate the distribution of supplies, curriculum, materials and equipment.
- If necessary, plan and coordinate provisions and supplies for children’s
- Supervise custodial needs, as well as, maintain and repair a
clean and safe environment. Report to Preschool Committee any facility needs or issues.
- Be proactive in securing the Preschool’s assets (including but not limited to, locking doors, securing valuables, etc.)
- Supervise the drop off line starting at 8:55 AM. Be present in the hallways during pickup times.
- There are 2 church wide annual events the Director is responsible to attend, as well as, ensuring staff attends as well. These events are included in the director and staff salaries.
D. Director/Central Preschool Ministry Committee
- Uphold the objectives of Central United Methodist Church and the CUMC Preschool Committee.
- Establish and maintain a clear line of communication between all parties. (accountant or book keeper, Central Preschool Committee and Chairperson, Pastor…)
- Attend monthly, or as called, Preschool Committee meetings and report any pertinent information. (enrollment status, upcoming events, concerns that require committee assistance in resolution, etc…)
- Work cooperatively under the supervision of the Central Preschool Committee with the understanding that the Director and staff have the authority over day to day operations within the committee guidelines.
- Provide input on yearly budget. Will present needed funds for applicable line item amounts for upcoming school year budget. This will be discussed then approved, or denied, at June/July preschool meeting to be passed to accountant/book keeper to record.
- Report, in writing, any on the job accidents or injuries to the Preschool Committee Chairperson. Report, in writing, any Workers claims to the same Committee. File a completed report in personnel file.
- Make recommendations, for committee review and approval, on rate and pay scale changes to stay relative to other similar programs in the area.
- Make suggestions for overall/areas of improvement and possible solutions.
E. Financial Management
- When necessary, purchase snack and snack related items, diaper changing supplies, kitchen and office supplies, cleaning supplies etc… (research best price beforehand.)
- Maintain up-to-date records in checking account and balance account Send accountant/book keeper income and expense sheets as well as payroll by deadline discussed and agreed upon. Keep all records and information with accountant/book keeper current.
- Collect annual registration, monthly tuition, any applicable late fees, charges for additional items (field trips, t-shirts, etc.) All transactions must be documented and receipt given.
- Report monthly hours worked by Lunch Bunch workers. As well as all employee absences and substitutions. Record all payroll information on spreadsheet monthly.
- Report any theft to Preschool Committee
- Organize and maintain fundraisers and
- All purchases that are not within the budget and/or listed above, must be approved by the preschool committee.
F. Director/Parent Relations
- Maintain open communication with parents at all times. (return phone calls promptly, communicate late fees and tuition privately, etc..) Meet at parent/guardians earliest connivence when a parent conference is requested. Be available to assist teachers with parent meetings if
- Maintain easy accessibility to parent community, be available at the beginning and end of each day when parents can see you.
- Call and prepare for parent meetings when necessary, as well as open house and special events.
- Distribute school information (program goals, policies…etc) from the committee.
- Prepare monthly newsletters for parents (and church if applicable) regarding school activities, programs, functions, fundraisers…etc.
- Keep communication with all parents/guardians professional at all times, keep a record of correspondence if necessary (meetings, conferences, etc…)
- All records and student information is to be kept correct and current in the appropriate files. This includes, but is not limited to contact phone numbers, addresses, medical records, waivers…etc) It is up to the Director to abide by and ensure that the staff also abides by information stated in records. (food allergies, authorized persons to pick up…etc)
G. Summer camp
- Each year the Director should plan and implement a summer camp program. This is typically done 2 or 3 weeks in the months of June and According to when the first day of local Public school is set, Central UMC VBS, and teacher work week, the August dates are to be determined on a year to year basis.
- Current preschool teachers should get first priority at covering the summer camp hours. Secondly, current substitutes and former staff. If additional personnel is needed, it is to be brought to the attention of the preschool committee.
- Director needs to be and remain aware of Central VBS and other events that are scheduled during the summer months.
- To ensure planning time for teaching staff, summer camp plans should start by January/February. Information packets should be distributed in a timely manner to parents (typically in late February/early March).
- The summer camp program can be, depending on demand, open to those not currently enrolled in CUMC Preschool. Ages accepted, weeks/days offered, and time (not to exceed 4 hours) is at the discretion of the director and may vary from year to year as well.
H. Social Media Policy
While employed at CUMC Preschool we expect you to make clean and safe media choices. In order to keep our standards- all media posts, preschool and private, should reflect our core Christian values.
*The director is responsible to be on site at 8:30 AM. You may not leave until ALL students have been accounted for and staff has left. When necessary, the director shall appoint another staff member as a key holder to act in their absence.
*The director is required to prepare for and attend Monthly preschool meetings and Central Church Staff meetings as called by minister.
*On or off campus, during or after school hours…When representing Central Preschool, the Director is expected in action and attitude to conduct themselves in the upmost Christian Manner.
Central UMC Preschool Job qualifications -2017
-There must exist a trusting and faithful relationship with Jesus Christ, and a genuine liking for children.
*Two years experience in Daycare or Early Childhood Education Experience or Child Development Associate Credentials
*Prefer Christian teaching experience
*Prefer management experience
-Demonstrate organizational and management skills
-Exhibits strong communication skills
-Exhibits willingness to work with church
-Submit to all required and requested background and drug tests
-Must be CPR/First Aid Certified
Resumes may be sent to the church office either by physical mail or by e-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org
Central United Methodist Church
214 N Academy Street
Mooresville, NC 28115