SUMMER DAY CAMP STAFF OPENINGS IN WINSTON-SALEM
Mt. Carmel UMC will be hiring adult clinicians and assistant staff for some or all of the weekday camps for Kindergarten through 8th graders. The day camps run from Monday through Friday (9am-5pm) and begin the week of June 12 and end the week of Aug. 21, 2017. Ministry students or those with training in sports, music, drama, arts, and children with special needs are preferred. Mt. Carmel UMC is located at 4265 Ebert Road in Winston-Salem, NC. Candidates must be at least 18 years old. For an application or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at mtcarmelumc.org. Deadline for applications are May 15, 2017
St. Luke’s United Methodist Church (Hickory, NC) is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministry who will provide leadership in the development, promotion, implementation, and oversight of all children’s programs, activities, and special events in ways that encourage inclusivity, celebrate diversity, and promote spiritual growth. The Director will oversee all children’s educational, social and mission focused activities from birth through 5th grade and will serve as an advocate for children and children’s ministry in the larger church body. This is a full-time position requiring a flexible work schedule including weekends and evenings. This position reports to the Associate Pastor.
Previous experience in directing a children’s ministry and a degree in education or related field is preferred. Ministerial candidates and/or ordained deacons are encouraged to apply.
A more detailed description of duties can be found at http://slumc.org/home/news.
Part-time (20 hrs/week) Director of Children’s Ministry position opening at Light of Christ United Methodist Church in Charlotte, NC (Ballantyne community). The Director of Children’s Ministry will oversee our church’s “Kids City” Children’s Ministry for children, birth through 5th grade.
- Approximately 40 active children, average attendance 15-25.
- Coordinate schedule for teachers/volunteers for Children’s Ministry classes and events.
- Obtain and provide teachers with age-appropriate curriculum materials and lesson plans.
- Sustain policies and procedures to provide a safe, quality environment for children and volunteers.
- Maintain good communication with families.
- Oversee budget for Children’s Ministry.
- Use a Special Events team to plan Easter Egg Hunt and Vacation Bible School.
- Facilitate participation of Light of Christ children in at least one mission project per year.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Receive supervision from Lead Pastor and Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
Interested applicants, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or Light of Christ UMC, 9212 Bryant Farms Road, Charlotte, NC 28277 by May 31, 2017.
Mills River United Methodist Church in Mills River, NC is seeking a part-time nursery worker.
The nursery worker would be expected to work Sunday mornings (8:15am-12:15pm) and most Wednesday evenings (6-8:30pm). In addition, the nursery worker must be willing to work occasional Sunday evenings as well as additional special events throughout the year. Nursery workers would also be expected to assist in coordinating nursery volunteers as needed.
Candidates should be willing to complete a background check as well as be Safe Sanctuary trained. CPR training is also encouraged. Experience in working with infants and young children is preferred. Nursery workers will report to the Director of Christian Education.
Applicants are asked to submit their resume and at least two references.
To apply or for a more detailed job description, please contact:
Kayln Wiley, Director of Christian Education
2500 member suburban United Methodist church in the NC Triad (Jamestown UMC) seeks a full-time Director of Christian Education. Primary responsibilities include Children’s Ministries, Confirmation, Adult education including Sunday School and small group Bible studies and older adult programming. Prefer 3-5 years of experience in church program ministries. Prefer appropriate degree in Christian Education from an accredited college or university. Candidates should have a strong, mature faith in Jesus Christ and a clear calling to local church ministry. Competitive salary and benefits, based on experience. Send cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Application deadline May 19. Direct inquiries and questions to Rev. Tom Latimer (336) 454-2717
Leaksville UMC, in Eden NC is seeking a full time Director of Youth and Adult Ministries. This person will coordinate the children’s and youth ministries of Leaksville as well as assist with older adult ministries. For more information or to send resume contact A.C. Brock at email@example.com or mail to Leaksville UMC, 603 Henry Street, Eden, NC 27288.
THE WALK [FaithWalk UMC] is hiring a Children’s Ministry Leader!
THE WALK is a reconciling United Methodist Congregation located in Gibsonville, NC on 70 between Greensboro and Burlington. At THE WALK, we strive to be a safe space where ALL people can come to know the love of God. And, we are looking for a Children’s Ministry Leader to nurture the faith of the youngest members. Please see the job description below for more details about the position. To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Terry Pattishall (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 10, 2017.
To oversee the church’s entire children’s ministry to ensure a smoothly operating, safe and effective program encouraging all children in the church and community to grow in faith and as Christian disciples
- The Children’s Ministry Leader will comply with all of THE WALK’s policies and procedures
- The Staff/Pastor-Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) is responsible for the hiring, evaluating, and terminating of this position in accordance with personnel policies of THE WALK
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Vision, Plan and Advocate for children particularly in the areas of faith development, safety and discipleship
- Develop and implement curriculum for the Children’s Ministry in alignment with the teachings of God’s love, peace and justice
- Develop and coordinate participation of the Children’s Ministry within “BE CHURCH” events
- Plan and implement seasonal events to include Easter Egg hunt/event, Vacation Bible School, Halloween Trunk or Treat and others
- Implements the Safe Sanctuary Policy with children and volunteers, including regular communication with volunteers regarding training and changes
- Prepare annual budget for submission to Finance Team
- Regularly and intentionally connect with families and children in the community to determine how they may thrive and grow in their faith
- Identify, train, background check and schedule Nursery and Tales from the Trails volunteers
- Be at THE WALK Sundays from 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Attend Leadership Team meetings (as a non-voting member)
- Attend regularly scheduled and mutually agreed upon meetings with the Pastor
- Collaborate with other churches and community
- Maintain a healthy and growing spiritual life
Experience and Qualifications:
Prior experience working with children, energetic, enthusiastic, risk-taker, self-starter, good organizational and communication skills, leadership and visioning aptitudes
Supervision: Reports to and supervised by the Pastor with general oversight by the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
Hours: 12 to 15 hours per week to include 8:30am to 12:30pm each Sunday
Compensation: $10,000 per year, paid monthly and reviewed annually
Expectations of all persons employed by THE WALK:
- Equip lay members for ministry by building teams, delegating responsibilities, offering opportunities to engage in ministry, and encouraging gifts that you see in others.
- Honor confidentiality
- Uphold the mission of THE WALK.
- Work collaboratively with the staff and pastors at THE WALK.
Wesley Memorial UMC in High Point, NC is seeking a full-time Preschool Director to administer the day-to-day operation of their weekday early childhood ministry, extended care program, and summer programs. The ideal candidate will show that the Director of Wesley Memorial School cares for children, shows love and concern for families, and provides support and nurture for the congregation and the surrounding community.
The person selected as Director must have a minimum of a 4-year Bachelor degree (or related work experience) in Early Childhood Education, Family and Child Development, Early Childhood Special Education, Elementary Education or a related field. The Director should have at least 3-5 years prior experience as a program administrator, preferably in a Christian weekday school setting. In addition, college credits or training related to management and leadership is preferred.
Interested candidates should contact Scott Howell at email@example.com or 336-812-4800 to obtain a copy of the full position description and application instructions.