The mission and purpose of Center UMC Youth and Children’s Ministry (Concord, NC) is to disciple our youth and children in the ways of Jesus Christ. This discipleship process can take place in a variety of forms and means – from small group learning times to hands-on mission work in the community to fun outings meant to bring the group together as a Christian fellowship.
The Youth and Children’s Ministries Director is directly accountable to both the Senior Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
- Sunday UMYF meetings from 4:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. That includes a meal at 6 p.m. provided by church members.
- Attendance at Sunday morning worship services for visibility and involvement with the congregation.
- Weekly children’s Bible Study on Wednesday nights and Parents Night Out one Friday night per month.
- Plan some fun trips or retreats for the youth during the coming year.
- Involvement with Carolina Cross Connection during the summer.
- Coordinate special program planning during the year for occasions such as Easter, Christmas, graduation, the Halloween Trunk or Treat, Vacation Bible School and the Youth Puppet Ministry.
- Attend meetings of the Administrative Council and Worship Committee..
- Develop leadership among the youth – allow them to lead in the planning and programming.
- Report directly to the Senior Pastor and Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
- Develop a long-term strategy for our youth and children’s ministry for the next five years (with the help of the Senior Pastor and Council on Ministries.
Part-Time position – 12 to 15 hours per week at $15 per hour. Hours will vary from week to week based on time required. Additional hours must be approved by the Senior Pastor in advance. Compensation includes a bonus structure for events such as Carolina Cross Connection, weekend trips and lock-ins.
The first three months will be a probationary period. Following the first three months there will be an evaluation by the Pastor and the SPRC, at which time the decision will be made whether to continue the relationship.
Please send resumes to Center United Methodist Church, 1119 Union St. South, Concord, NC 28025; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full-Time Childcare Director for Long’s Chapel UMC in Lake Junaluska, NC. Required: BA or BS in Child Development or E.C. Education or C.D. w/ 3 yrs. exp. in licensed child care. To view complete job description, go to www.longschapel.com and click on News, Job Listings. Please send cover letter & resume to email@example.com
Pleasant Garden UMC (Greensboro, NC) is seeking a Part-time Family Ministries Position
Location: Pleasant Garden United Methodist Church is located in a suburb community of Greensboro, NC, just 15 minutes from downtown.
Scope: Responsibilities include overseeing, coordinating, and developing our programs & ministries for children, youth, and their families.
Salary: 20 hours/week, paying $1,000 monthly with 2 weeks paid vacation annually from date of hire.
Candidate Qualifications: Applicants should exhibit Christian faith and character; enjoy working with children of all ages and relating to their families; be creative, proactive, outgoing, and community oriented; be trained or experienced in the spiritual formation of children/youth; be comfortable in recruiting and coordinating volunteers; be a college graduate holding a bachelor’s degree; be available Wednesday afternoons/evenings and Sundays.
Applicants: Please send a cover letter and resume to: KidsYouthDirectorSearch.firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Mark Weekley at 336-482-1647.
Grace UMC, Greensboro, NC is seeking a Half time Director of Ministries of Children & Families
For further information, or to apply Contact:
Rev. Drew McIntyre, Pastor
Grace UMC Director of Ministries of Children and their Families
The Children’s Ministry at Grace is called SPARK (Spiritually Preparing Active and Righteous Kids). Our goal is for all children and their families to understand, embrace, and grow the love of Christ. The Children’s Director shall nurture, empower and implement the vision and goals of Grace UMC through the ministries of Children and their Families. The Children’s Director shall possess the administrative skills necessary to perform the job duties and carry out details, as well as the interpersonal and relational skills to work with children and adults. The Children’s Director will participate in continuing education events and training opportunities. He/she will administer all communication regarding children’s ministry to children, families, volunteers, and staff. The Children’s Director will assist the Pastor in Worship leadership on Sunday mornings (chiefly via the children’s sermon) and be responsible for working with children in the age range of infancy through 5th grade.
Status: Half time
Salary: 16, 000.00 annually
Qualifications and Aptitudes
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and implement a children’s ministry within the parameters of the United Methodist Church’s beliefs and practices
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Must possess an ability to maintain and work within an annual budget.
A benefit of this position is its flexibility. Outside of Sunday mornings, the weekly staff meeting, and occasional special events, most required duties could be fulfilled from home, or otherwise while not in the office.
West United Methodist Church (Mooresville, NC) is seeking a high energy person who professes the Christian faith and has a passion for children and fun!
Approximately 20 hours per week.
This position will be responsible for Sunday morning children’s worship experiences for preschoolers and elementary students through grade 5.
- At least 2-5+ years experience working with children within a faith community or educational setting
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Musical and media abilities desired but not required
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated, creative, approachable, and have the ability to develop and achieve a vision for the children’s ministry
- Must pass a background check
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12,000.00 to $15,000.00 /year
Email resume and cover letter to: Info@headingwest.org
Part-time (20 hrs/week) Director of Children’s Ministry position opening at Light of Christ United Methodist Church in Charlotte, NC (Ballantyne community). The Director of Children’s Ministry will oversee our church’s “Kids City” Children’s Ministry for children, birth through 5th grade.
- Approximately 40 active children, average attendance 15-25.
- Coordinate schedule for teachers/volunteers for Children’s Ministry classes and events.
- Obtain and provide teachers with age-appropriate curriculum materials and lesson plans.
- Sustain policies and procedures to provide a safe, quality environment for children and volunteers.
- Maintain good communication with families.
- Oversee budget for Children’s Ministry.
- Use a Special Events team to plan Easter Egg Hunt and Vacation Bible School.
- Facilitate participation of Light of Christ children in at least one mission project per year.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Receive supervision from Lead Pastor and Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
Interested applicants, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or Light of Christ UMC, 9212 Bryant Farms Road, Charlotte, NC 28277 by June 30, 2017.
Myers Memorial UMC (Gastonia, NC) is seeking a Part Time (approximately 25 hours) Director of Preschool.
The Preschool operates on a school calendar from 9:00-Noon Monday-Friday. The Director of Preschool is responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing the Myers Memorial Weekday Preschool ministry of the church. The Director of Preschool shall create a safe and loving environment for children to learn, play, and experience God’s love in a preschool setting. The Director hires and supervises teachers, develops and implements curriculum, monitors classroom instruction, interacts with teachers, parents, students, and church staff/members, markets the preschool program, and provides financial oversight for the program. The Director must be a Disciple of Jesus Christ, hold a degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field or have equivalent experience needed for this position, and be CPR and First Aid Certified. Preschool teaching experience is preferred. A complete job description is available upon request.
Interested applicants, should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mill Grove United Methodist Church (Indian Trail, NC) is seeking a Minister to Children and Families
Mill Grove United Methodist Church is seeking a full time Minister to Children and Families. This is an excellent opportunity for a leader who desires to build a quality children’s ministry from the ground up.
The minister to Children and Families reports to the Lead Pastor
The Minister to Children and Families is a full-time staff leadership position. Responsibilities for the position include providing vision, program coordination, and direction to staff and volunteers whose mission is to create and implement a strong Christian education program to develop fully committed followers of Jesus Christ. For additional information and specific responsibilities please refer to the attached position description.
The Minister to Children and Families at Mill Grove UMC shall be a person of genuine and deepening Christian character, willing to grow as a loyal participant of the ministry team, able to work well and communicate with others, act as a role model in and outside of the church, and to develop and nurture relationships and trust with children, families, and volunteers in a growing congregation.
About Mill Grove United Methodist Church
Mill Grove is a thriving church that has experienced substantial growth over the last 15 years. The church serves two campuses located in Indian Trail NC. Indian Trail is a flourishing community with a well-balanced ratio of ages with many families with school age children.
The church has a recently renovated and modern Christian education wing that is shared with a weekday pre-school that serves students from ages 2-TK. The facility is up to code for all children’s safety requirements and safe sanctuary procedures are currently being implemented.
- A commitment to Jesus Christ
- A passion for helping children and families embrace the Christian faith.
- Ability and passion to plan, develop, and manage children and family ministry programs
- Formal biblical and theology training
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Experience with volunteer recruitment and training
- Experience with Christian education curriculum
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and education
Email your cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com , including your children and family ministry philosophy and salary requirement.