The Sabbath Living Initiative is a ministry funded by The Duke Endowment to support the spiritual and emotional health of United Methodist clergy and congregations in North Carolina. We are seeking a full-time Program Manager to lead this exciting ministry in the Western North Carolina Conference. Work and responsibilities of the Program Manager include:
- Working as a member of the North Carolina Sabbath leadership team under the guidance of the program directior
- Leading the WNCC ministry team to implement programs in clergy support, congregational development, and leadership development for young pastors.
- Building and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders in the WNCC including conference staff, district superintendents, and conference leaders.
- Teaching and preaching in Sabbath Living retreats and workshops in districts and local congregations.
- Community building within the Sabbath Living network, congregations, and ministry partners.
- Management responsibilities for the WNCC ministry as a whole.
In our search for Program Manager, we are seeking a disciple of Jesus Christ who feels called to minister to pastors and lay church leaders. The successful candidate will be a person of grace who can lead by example as one who practices Sabbath and desires to grow spiritually. Additionally, this position requires:
- A graduate theological degree or a college degree and signifiant experience in ministry.
- Experience in the United Methodist Church with strong preference given to persons who are knowledgeable and have relationships in the Western North Carolina Conference.
- Experience in spiritual formation, Christian education, or other leadership ministry in a local church or other ministry setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate effectively to a diversity of persons.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with some teaching experience in ministry settings preferred.
- Organizational skills and ability to coordinate ministry with a remote team.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the best candidate has been selected. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest to Dr. Guy Brewer, program director, via email attachment at firstname.lastname@example.org.