United Methodist Insurance (Nashville, TN) is presently seeking candidates for the position of President and CEO. The President and CEO leads the capitalization, development and marketing of United Methodist Insurance’s program. The program provides competitive and comprehensive insurance products to United Methodist churches to help them protect their property and assets and meet the GCFA insurance guidelines referenced in the UMC Book of Discipline.
- Raises capital in the form of investments, contributions and/or donations necessary to support the growth, regulatory reserve requirements and fiscal sustainability of UMI.
- In partnership with the UMI Board of Directors, leads the development and implementation of a strategic agenda to significantly grow UMI’s book of business and achieve desired retention rate of current policyholders.
- Stewards the organization’s financial resources within a budget approved by the UMI Board of Directors.
- Champions the development of loss control and claims processing in accordance with best practices in the insurance industry, and in conformance to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provides thoughtful, detailed, and timely reports to the UMI Board of Directors to support the governing responsibilities of the Board. Keeps the Board apprised of progress towards financial, marketing and other agreed-upon goals. Engages with the Board to chart the strategic direction of UMI.
- Leads, supervises, and coaches UMI staff and ensures appropriate oversight of any contractors to UMI.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in the insurance industry preferred
- Understanding of The United Methodist Church structure
- Strong public speaking acumen
- Sales and/or marketing background a plus
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Must have ability to work independently and as part of a team in a professional environment
- Leadership experience in the United Methodist Church preferred
- UMC Member is preferred
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: March 8, 2017
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms
If you know someone who might be interested in this position, please have them email their resume and cover letter to Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the open position, please contact Caitlin Congdon, Chief Officer of Human Resources and Professional Development at 615-369-2346 or Tricia Slack, Human Resources Manager at 615-369-2326.