Mt. Zion United Methodist Church, Cornelius, NC is seeking Director of Sonshine Preschool
- Devoted follower of Jesus Christ.
- Baccalaureate degree; preferred in Early Child Development, or Elementary Education
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience in a preschool setting as a Director or Classroom Teacher.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love of children.
- Desire and ability to lead a team of educators.
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable.
- Competence with technology.
- CPR and first aid training is required.
The Director of Sonshine Preschool is responsible for the planning and coordination of the preschool ministry of the church. The Director works directly with the Mt. Zion staff and Weekday Board Committee to create a vision for the “Child-Centered” program, and is charged with the daily operations and management of this ministry. The Sonshine preschool seeks to cultivate a Christ focused, nurturing, and positive experience for children and their families. This position is part-time, 20 – 25 hours per week, August through May, and an estimated 5 hours per week June & July. This is a salaried position, negotiable based on experience. This position reports to the Director of Christian Education and Weekday Board Committee.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the program which includes, staffing, budgeting, enrollment and relationship building with families and children
- Yearly vision planning with church staff and weekday board
- Assess and develop curriculum as needed
- Touring and registering families as needed
- Evaluate and provide feedback to staff, twice yearly
- Orders instructional supplies and equipment for teachers and school
- Ensures that the building is maintained and clean on a daily basis
- Provides staff with development opportunities
- Prepares the yearly budget with Mt. Zion staff for board approval
- Meets monthly with Mt. Zion staff regarding budget
- Promotes Sonshine Preschool in the community
- Conducts monthly staff meetings
- Develops the school calendar
- Reviews teacher lesson plans and maintains the monthly calendar
- Recruits and maintains substitute teachers
- “Safe Sanctuary” trains all employees
- Plans and coordinates facility usage with the Mt. Zion Church Staff
- Communicates with Parents through a newsletter
- Serves as a mentor and Christian role model for staff
Special Application Requirement:
In addition to resume, and any supporting documents please submit a Statement of Vision for Preschool Ministry to Children and their Families consisting of at least 50 words but not more than 250 words.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2017
Electronic submissions should be sent to the Director of Christian Education, Crystal Parrish at email@example.com.