Wilkesboro United Methodist Church has an immediate opening for a Praise Team Leader for the 9 am worship service.
This position will require less than 10 hours per week and pay will be negotiated based upon experience.
To apply send a cover letter and resume’ to Rev. Karen Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Praise Team Leader will demonstrate a strong commitment to serving Jesus Christ while developing and leading the Praise Team of Wilkesboro UMC as musicians and spiritual disciples who enhance the worship of God.
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Committed Christian who exhibits faith in word and action
- Skilled communicator, effective at listening and discerning team and individual needs
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective planner
- Effective leader – proven ability to build a strong team
- Team player
- Develop and lead the Praise Team of Wilkesboro UMC, both vocalists and instrumentalists
- Schedule and lead regular rehearsals in coordination with Director of Music
- Recruit/train new members as needed
- Select the music to be prepared and sung in coordination with lead Pastor and, in cases of special services, with the Music Director.
- Lead the congregational singing at the 9 am worship service
- Attend planning meetings with Lead Pastor and Director of Music
- Assist in the development and oversight of the annual music budget in coordination with the Director of Music
- Proficiency vocally and on one or more instruments typically used in a Praise Team
- Familiar with technology utilized to enhance music and worship
- Compliance with music copyright laws and regulations
- Ability to generate worship graphic arts
- Reads music and has some formal music training
- Experience leading praise team preferred
- Has background in traditional hymnody as well as contemporary styles
- Has background in Methodist theology and worship styles, or is willing to learn.
For more information contact Rev. Karen Roberts or to apply for this position email a cover letter and resume’ to email@example.com