Center United Methodist Church, Lexington, NC is seeking a Music Director
This church is a growing vibrant church seeking a evangelical Christian music leader who’s purpose and goal is to lead worship and bring others closer to Christ.
To lead people of all ages in the congregation in music-making experiences so that they:
- May grow in understanding the Christian Faith and music’s role in that faith.
- Will develop and strengthen their relationship with God.
- Will become better equipped for daily living as faithful Christian disciples.
- Will gain basic music skills so that they may effectively serve the church as music leaders.
- Primary responsibilities will be leading music for the traditional and contemporary worship services.
- Accompany and/or lead weekly traditional adult chancel choir and handbell choir.
- Accompany weekly children’s choir practice.
- Coordinate music for weddings, funerals and other special programs as needed.
- Recruit and support new member talent for all church choirs, bands and handbells.
- Coordinate, arrange, and execute practice sessions with guest music groups and soloist, internal solos, and group performances.
- Communicate with church secretary and pastor to supply weekly hymn information, and special event music bulletin information.
- Organize and arrange substitute music direction and support as needed.
- Develop and support effective musical leadership in the church, along with the help of the worship chair or selected music committee.
- Support leaders of all musical groups in the church, for example; adult handbells, youth choir, children’s choir, children’s handbells, Praise band, etc.
- Manage music budget and evaluate music department needs, including requests on behalf of technical committee. This also includes maintenance and purchase of all music department equipment, robes and supply expenses.
- Formal music training/degree or experience leading a music department or music classroom.
- Must be able to read and play a musical instrument, preferably a piano, recorder or organ.
- Interest in a wide range of musical experiences.
- Ability to work with volunteers and committees.
- Dedicated to the well-being and enhancements of the current and future music program.
- Dependable and responsible for being on time.
Report to Senior Minister.