Hopewell United Methodist Church in Sherrills Ford, NC is seeking a Music Director
The music director of Hopewell UMC, along with the Pastor and choir members will create a music ministry that is an integral part of the worship experience at the church. This is a part-time position with duties primarily on Sunday mornings and one evening a week, in addition to any special events during the church year.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares the church choir for the Sunday morning worship experience and any other special events in the church year (Christmas, Holy Week, Easter, Funerals)
- Works with the Pastor to selects the music that will be used during the worship service ensuring that it fits the sermon or the special occasion
- Maintains the church music library and is responsible for selecting new music and/or materials needed for worship
- Works within the music budget
- Establishes a weekly choir rehearsal
- Coordinates with audio/video team
- It is highly desired that the music director be skilled in leading the worship experience through piano and/or organ playing. Possess the ability to play and direct simultaneously.
- Ability to plan and organize a worship experience
- Effective communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to develop relationships
This position will be accountable to the SPRC and the Pastor.
This position will be reviewed after 90 days of employment and then annually or as needed.
Compensation will be based on experience and ability
Please send all resumes and inquiries to Rev. John Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at 828-478-9625.