First United Methodist Church, China Grove, NC – located in the town of China Grove, just off of I-85 (between Concord and Salisbury, NC) seeking Minister of Children and Youth Program Development
Responsibilities: Overseeing, coordinating, and developing programs & ministries for Children and Youth (ages birth through 12th grade) and their families, through resourcing volunteers to carry-out the work of this vital ministry of our church.
Hours: Full-Time (at least 40hrs per week). Office hours from are 9am to 4pm (Monday through Thursdays). Sunday mornings (8:30am to 12:00 Noon), Wednesday evenings from 5:00 – 7:30pm (during school year).
Candidate Qualiﬁcations: A Deacon in the UMC (or comparable skill-set). A skill in recruiting lay volunteers is anticipated in this job. Applicants should be creative and proactive in locating programming materials in order to offer the resources that volunteers need to fulfill what is asked of them. Therefore, an outgoing and community-focused personality is necessary for recruitment of volunteers.
Salary, Vacation: Salary comparable to a Deacon’s salary in the UMC (if an Ordained Deacon, beneﬁts as outlined in the WNCC of the UMC). Two weeks paid vacation annually from date of hire (following satisfactory 90 day review).
Primary Areas of Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning and execution of a well-rounded, comprehensive curriculum from infant to 12th graders, weekly worship utilizing volunteers, and other special events such as VBS and retreats.
- Creating a welcoming and safe environment for children and adults, coordinating the nursery, and our Sunday morning children’s worship (Worship in The Grove) during both Sunday services.
- Implement Safe Sanctuary policies and procedures for the Nursery and Children’s Ministries.
- Coordinating a leader for Bible study on Sunday nights and Wednesday evenings during the school year for all youth programs.
- Responsible for maintaining good stewardship of budgets as well as the volunteers’ time.
- Engage in continuing education opportunities associated with children and youth ministry.
- Actively engage parents and other church members to volunteer and participate in children and youth ministry activities.
- Be creative, dependable, energetic, and a self-starter who understands teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ to children and youth as a calling from God.
- Be strong in organization, delegation, and planning skills for programs.
- Demonstrate leadership ability in a team environment with an ability to articulate and implement a vision for the ministry of the church with understanding of how to set and accomplish goals.
- Connect and communicate with children, youth, and their families understanding the value of relationships.
- Model a personal growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Send resume to Rev. Mike Goode at firstname.lastname@example.org