University City UMC, located in Charlotte NC, is seeking a full-time Facility Manager.
UCUMC is a dynamic Christ centered and Biblically based congregation and our mission is to make disciples by Loving God, Growing in Christ, and Reaching Out to others.
A suitable candidate must be able to perform duties and to keep deadlines. The requirements listed in the job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
A high school diploma or General Education degree (GED) and a minimum of 5 years related experience is required.
Interested applicants should submit their application with references and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 26th.
Position Title: Facilities Manager
Employment Status: Full Time, Exempt Hire Date: TBD
For Daily Direction and Administration
– Director of Administration
For Performance Evaluation
– Staff Parish Relations Committee, Director of Administration,
– Staff Parish Relations Committee Liaison
- Director of Administration
- Associate Pastor
- Team Members, church organizations, and outreach program volunteers
Purpose of the Position:
To provide a well maintained, safe and secure facility, adequate to meet the mission, vision and purpose for spiritual ministry of the University City United Methodist Church.
- Operate, program and maintain security door system, schedule doors to lock/unlock according to facility use.
- Operate and secure maintenance for HVAC systems – schedule heat/air according to room usage.
- Conduct routine maintenance operations as deemed necessary and as requested.
- Provide support for set-up and breakdown of scheduled church functions and paid for events throughout the entire UCUMC facility.
- Maintain Church vehicles and plan scheduled maintenance.
- Monitor church security and report any problems, suggestions or corrections to the Director Administration.
- Maintain facility keys – and provide keys as necessary – using the Key Sign Out Request form. Coordinate all key requests with Director of Administration. Monitor locks – schedule repair when needed.
- Obtain and maintain signs, both interior and exterior, as needed and maintain signage in keeping with the decorum of religious activities and church surroundings.
- Maintain liaison with all contractors and vendors servicing the facility of UCUMC. Obtain Certificates of Insurance/Hold Harmless Agreements. Maintain file with certificates.
- Attend scheduled Trustee meetings.
- Inspections – Keep record of all required inspections (Boiler, elevators, fire extinguishers, FC kitchen fire suppressions system, fire alarms.
- On call for after hour alarm activation.
- Oversee Designated Van Driving training (church events) and maintain records.
- Schedule Facility room usage for all events, generate appropriate invoicing. Secure Certificate if Insurance /Hold Harmless agreements from outside groups.
- Clear snow/ice/debris from walkways, put down ice-melting crystals when necessary.
- This list is not inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
Key Skills Required:
- Should display adequate physical health and strength to carry out maintenance activities and moving furniture and equipment.
- Must have valid North Carolina drivers license
- Must be able to work well with members, staff, guests and Committee and Lay leaders
- Knowledge of computer functions, knowledge of Trane HVAC and ACS Facility Scheduler recommended.
- Maintain a Christian commitment to Jesus Christ, the Church and the community.