First United Methodist Church of Hendersonville, NC is seeking a Facilities Manager (full time staff position, 37.5 hours per week; compensation depends upon experience)
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the overall maintenance of the church building and grounds. This position assigns and oversees the work of the Facilities Assistants and Security Guard, ensuring adequate coverage for weekday activities, Saturday events and Sunday services. The Facilities Manager is responsible for complying with the maintenance schedule relating to mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. The position obtains bids as required for work to be contracted out and oversees all work performed by on-site contractors. The Facilities Manager prepares a detailed annual budget reflecting monthly planned expenditures.
- Construction management or project management experience preferred
- Mechanical aptitude
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to interact effectively with church members and manage competing demands
- Ability to lift 30-40 pounds
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- 90-day introductory period
- Background check required
Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter supporting their qualifications for the Facilities Manager position to firstname.lastname@example.org.