Camp Istrouma, Greenwell Springs, Louisiana (LA) 70739 is seeking an Executive Director
The Executive Director has responsibility for managing and coordinating the entire camp and retreat operations including program, support services, staff and budget. The director will be responsible for promoting the ministry of the camp, recruiting groups to use the facilities and offer program expertise and leadership to these groups as needed. The director has primary administrative responsibility at the camp and general administration of the camping and retreat programs that take place at Camp Istrouma. He/She will work closely with the Program Director on many aspects of the operating of the camp.
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business management, leisure studies or related field, plus five years’ experience in camp management/ministry
- CPR/first aid/AED/lifeguard certifications after employment
- SPRP or similar certification in camp/retreat/conference center ministry
- A high-integrity, committed follower of Christ demonstrated through active membership in a local church, with a heart for ministry and a passion for helping others grow in their walk with the Lord
- A team-oriented individual
- Proficient at office software and experience with camp management software a plus
- Proven success in leadership and administration at a Christian camp, retreat center or similar organization in the area of youth ministry, summer camp, outdoor education or retreat programming
- Strong management skills including conflict management, active listening, clear and effective speaking and writing
- Prior experience managing controlled risk activities such as water sports and other activities requiring special equipment and skills
The entire job opening can be found at http://www.umc.org/jobs/executive-director7. Resumes should be forwarded to email@example.com and the application period will close on December 4, 2016. We appreciate your prayer for the Board and the applicants through this process as well.
If you have not heard of Camp Istrouma, please visit us on the web at www.campistrouma.com. As with a few other things at camp, the website will be updated very shortly.