Apex UMC Family in Apex, NC is seeking an Executive Director
The primary role of the Executive Director (ED) is two-fold: to ensure the effective operation of the church’s ministries by providing leadership that results in the meaningful and fruitful contribution of all church staff and in an environment conducive to the fulfillment of the church’s vision and mission, and to free the Lead Pastor to focus on the intensive responsibilities of vision-casting and overall church leadership, fresh and creative communication from the pulpit, and entrepreneurial relationships in the community.
The Apex UMC Family of Faith Communities is one church family, made up of four faith communities (Apex UMC, The Peak, Fiesta Cristiana, and 519church). We are all united by one mission to “invite and equip all to follow Jesus in transforming the world.” Church membership is 3,540, with a budget of $3 million.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Full-time, exempt position: Salary range $60,000 to $85,000
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as chief of staff, including managing the recruiting, hiring, developing and evaluating of staff, as well as directing the operations of the church.
- Supervise and support direct reports in the effective implementation of their ministry areas of responsibility.
- Monitor the pulse of the church (e.g., atmosphere, attitude, energy, environment, maturity and security, momentum). Monitor the progress of the church (e.g., first-time conversions for Christ, first-time visitors, number of members in ministry, number of members in small groups, number of identified and trained leaders, offering, attendance).
- Assess, create and supervise plans to address high-priority needs for the family of faith communities.
- Lead internal and external communications to ensure consistency, impact and effectiveness of communications.
- Serve as an administrative and informational resource to the Administrative Council and standing committees of the church.
- Support the Lead Pastor in meeting and presentation preparation as required.
- Attend services regularly across the family of faith communities.
All inquiries and resumes can be sent to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed upon receipt and the job will remain open until filled.
View full posting at: http://apexumcfamily.org/executive-director-apex-umc-family/