UMVIM, SEJ seeking new Executive Director
United Methodist Volunteers in Mission Southeastern Jurisdiction (UMVIM, SEJ) is the short-term mission sending agency of the Southeastern Jurisdiction of the United Methodist Church. UMVIM exists to promote, encourage and enable Christians to exemplify “Christian Love in Action” through short-term mission service at home and abroad. UMVIM provides opportunities for service by developing and nurturing relationships with domestic and international leaders.
Due to the retirement of Paulette West, UMVIM, SEJ Board of Directors chose a selection committee to hire a new Executive Director. Click for the Job Description.
- Salary – $50,000 to $60,000 annually
- Additional benefits – $8,000 to $12,000 annually for health insurance and pension; travel expenses as approved in the budget annually by the Board of Directors
- Start date – flexible (after June 1, 2017 and before October 31, 2017 with possibly a one month overlap)
- Office location – 100 Centerview Drive, Suite 210, Birmingham, AL 35216
- Applicants should be from the Southeastern Jurisdiction
- Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15, 2016:
- Cover Letter (one page) summarize how your engagement in UMVIM or missions has prepared you to be uniquely qualified to be selected as the Executive Director; what strengths, knowledge, and skills you have that qualify you for the position; and your vision for UMVIM, SEJ for the next quadrennium and where the organization will be at the end of 2020.
- Resume (no longer than 2 pages in length)
- Three (3) letters of Recommendation (one page) – please have them include how long they have known you and their contact information
- A person with knowledge of your UMVIM or mission involvement
- A church leader
- A person reference
Finalists will be notified by December 2, 2016 and interviews will be held January 12, 2017 at the UMVIM, SEJ office.