Apex UMC Family of Faith Communities (Apex, NC) is seeking a full-time, exempt Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for all matters pertaining to the Lead Pastor. The Executive Assistant also provides human resources administrative support and oversees special projects.
The Executive Assistant will report to the Lead Pastor and will be responsible for the following:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Lead Pastor including: managing incoming phone calls and emails; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plan and coordinate the Lead Pastor’s calendar.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Lead Pastor, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Work closely and effectively with the Lead Pastor to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense of the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Lead Pastor updated.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Lead Pastor’s ability to effectively lead Apex UMC Family of Faith Communities.
- Prepare materials for the Lead Pastor prior to counseling sessions, speaking engagements, funerals, and weddings. Conduct research for content as directed.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Coordinate schedules and prepare materials for on-campus interviews.
- Prepare new hire packets and initiates/manages the on-boarding process for new employees including initiating background checks, coordinating onboarding activities with IT, Admin/Facilities, Communications, Finance, collecting new hire paperwork, entering new employees into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), etc.
- Attend ministry and conference meetings as directed by the Lead Pastor.
- Provide leadership, coordination, and support for special projects and events as assigned by the Lead Pastor and Executive Director. These projects may include an annual stewardship campaign, quarterly NCCUMC critical driver reports, and annual charge conference.
- Provide assistance to other staff members and ministry areas as directed by the Executive Director.
- Pray regularly and actively develop one’s personal faith.
- Sense God’s calling to this ministry and be eager to use one’s gifts and talents to serve Christ.
- Commit to invite and equip laity to serve in ministry area when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant administrative work experience. Relevant human resources work experience a plus.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to handle multiple interruptions/adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and project management skills with a fine eye for detail.
- A self-starter who is also a team player and able to work with minimal direction/little supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and be organized, flexible and personable.
A cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and writing sample should be sent as one file (file name: EA Package for First Name Last Name) in a Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
Preference will be given to application packages received by Friday, March 31, 2017, and the job will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please.