Find the time to read, reflect, research, or just relax with Study Leave for Ministry Professionals. Over the span of five to seven days, participants can immerse themselves in learning and renewal through self-directed study, worship and prayer on the Duke University campus. This flexible program is designed for Christian institutional leaders, pastors, program staff, and laity, and can cost as little as $150. You select the study topic. We provide all the resources you’ll need to make your week as productive as possible.
While at Duke, you may choose to:
- Audit Divinity School classes
- Meet with Divinity School faculty as appropriate to your topic of study
- Participate in community worship and lectures
Tuition for churches eligible for Duke Endowment grants and certain other individuals is $150 (a $550 discount) and includes:
- Four nights of accommodations (extended stay options available)
- Access to classes, libraries and the campus gym
- A meal allowance
- Campus parking
- Continuing education credit unit opportunities
Unlike traditional continuing education events that offer a specific course of study, Study Leave allows each participant to propose a study topic during registration. Previous participants have studied such topics as church history, Christian tradition, Scripture, worship, ethics and preaching.
Ten sessions of the program will be offered during the 2017-2018 academic year. Group sessions are also available; please contact us for more information.