Covenant United Methodist Church, Greer, SC is looking to hire a Director of Youth Ministries. Covenant is a growing church located in Greenville, South Carolina. According to Outreach Magazine, Covenant was recognized as the 6th fastest growing United Methodist church in the United States in 2015. Covenant is a thriving evangelical United Methodist church which has grown to over 1,000 people in attendance for Sunday Worship. Of the 2000 members, 32% of the congregation is 18 years old or younger. Come be a part of our dynamic team who help people come to know the love of Jesus Christ.
Covenant United Methodist Church
Reports to Discipleship Pastor
Director of Youth Ministries Job Description
Classification: Full Time
Position Overview: The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible to lead, plan, coordinate, and develop a sustainable student ministry that equips leaders to effectively disciple students in a manner that upholds Scriptural authority and the mission of Covenant.
Primary Areas of Responsibilities
- Emphasis on worship and fellowship on Sunday evenings, Sunday school classes on Sunday mornings, and small group gatherings during mid-week. Concentration on curriculum that helps students grow and foster a relationship with Christ.
- Supervise the Assistant Director of Youth Ministries and oversee all volunteers in the Youth Ministry team. Provide leadership in establishing goals and effectiveness in all areas of the youth ministry.
- Develop a balance of ministry programs designed to engage youth as Christ followers through worship, discipleship, evangelism, service, and mission. Programs must relate to high school and middle school students as well as equipping them to take their faith beyond the walls of Covenant.
- Recruit, train, coordinate and build a team of servant leaders (volunteers) and staff for all areas of student ministry including Checkpoints, RISE, Confirmation and small groups. Also plan and lead mission trips, retreats and special events.
- Maintain student ministry programs that stay in step with Covenant UMC’s vision, mission and ministries.
- Develop a relational-driven ministry with students and their families while implementing and maintaining Safe Sanctuary policies for volunteers.
- Participate in training and mentoring of leaders and students while fostering intentional community among ministry leaders.
- Assist and teach annually the confirmation class.
- Responsible for formulating and maintaining annual budget throughout the year.
- Maintain youth ministry web page and social media outlets.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Emphasis on leadership and relationship building skills.
- A teachable, coachable spirit with a desire to grow personally, professionally and spiritually.
- Models a personal growing relationship with Jesus Christ and perform all other duties as assigned by the pastoral and leadership team.
- Focus on Continuing Education and maintain 4 CEU’s every two years.
Education and Experience
This position requires a strong spiritual background and commitment to the church and to the ministry of the church. A minimum of 2 years of experience building and growing a Youth Ministry team and possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Youth Ministry or related field is preferred but not required. The candidate must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and character that is above reproach.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Interested Parties should forward a complete application packet to Laura Geloni, firstname.lastname@example.org and it should include the following:
- Cover letter with general background information, family, community involvement, and hobbies
- Current resume
- List of 3 references