First United Methodist Church in Belmont, NC has a staff opening for a Director of Youth Ministries. This staff person works in partnership with the pastor, other staff and laity of the congregation to oversee our youth ministry, including faith formation, relationship building and missional engagement in our community. First UMC is a 600 member church striving to live out our mission to “be more like Jesus Christ for our community and beyond.” We are blessed to have a growing ministry with over 60 active youth and the potential for many more. Located in a growing small town near Charlotte, NC, we are thriving as we offer the good news and serve our community.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and/or experience leading and serving in a United Methodist congregation. The ideal candidate should also have:
· A lively and joyful commitment to the Christian faith. The ability to model faithfully the core values of our congregation: joy, generosity, care and compassion, a focus on relationships and active, curious faith.
· A passionate desire to relate to youth and young people and help them form meaningful, lasting faith.
· A willingness to practice incarnational ministry, meeting youth and young people where they are and connecting broadly in the community
· Ability to equip and empower our congregation, especially lay volunteers, to be in ministry with youth.
· An innovative, entrepreneurial spirit, rooted in Church tradition and scripture.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Maturity, with knowledge and practical experience of maintaining healthy boundaries.
Submit resume with cover letter and professional references to Rev. George Ragsdale at firstname.lastname@example.org This is a full time, salaried position. Salary is competitive and is commensurate with qualifications and experience.