Assurance United Methodist Church – Huntersville, North Carolina seeks a Director of Youth Discipleship
Job Description: – To lead a youth ministry of youth and adult youth leaders that “GROWS Disciples of Jesus Christ that GO serve Christ in the world.”
Our ideal candidate would be personable, organized, fluent in various methods of communication and would be willing and able to develop servant leaders.
Average group size today, depending on activity, would be anywhere from 25-60.
Hours: Average 30/week (Part-time)
Coordinate, facilitate, and execute age appropriate curriculum and experiences that help youth grow in spirit, serving and sharing.
- Lead, organize and drive Youth Sunday School (11 am), Sunday Evening programming, and mid-week Bible Study (Wednesdays).
- Oversight and implementation of the Teen Pilgrimage Ministry (Confirmation).
- Develop, lead and facilitate special events such as Youth Sunday, 30-Hour Famine, Back-to-School Bash, retreats, Summer Mission trip, and fundraisers.
- Direct and assist the Youth Leadership Team (YLT) to plan annual programming calendar designed to develop and engage youth.
- Communicate Ministry calendar, curriculum, activities, and needs to key stakeholders (youth, parents, larger church community) as needed.
- Recruit, develop, lead and leverage team of adult volunteer servants to help drive and deliver curriculum and activities.
- Champion of our Safe Sanctuary policy.
- 2+ years of leading a Christian Youth program.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communicator across multiple channels (social media, text, phone, email, internal church methods) and age groups (youth and adults).
- Creative and strategic thinker.
- Ability to connect and inspire Youth.
If you are interested in this position, or have any questions, you can send your resume and/or questions to Pastor Lonnie Pittman at email@example.com.