Park Street United Methodist Church in Belmont, NC has a job opening for Director of Youth Activities
Hours: Approximately 10-12 per week
Salary: Competitive rate, commensurate with skills and qualifications
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
The Director of Youth Activities will plan and organize innovative youth activities that educate and engage our youth, and encourage their spiritual growth & help implement our Church Mission – Growing Discipleship through Relationships.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Plan weekly youth activities that educate and engage our youth.
2) Maintain direct interaction with and among youth on a weekly basis.
3) Coordinate and act as chaperone for all youth camps and trips, and evaluate fundraising efforts toward that end.
4) Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget.
5) Coordinate the youth portion of larger church events in cooperation with the Pastor and Staff.
6) Recruit & train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
The position will report to the Pastor & Staff-Parish Relations Committee. Monthly meetings will be held with the full staff.
Qualifications & Skills
The successful candidate will:
- be energetic, positive, and engaging
- be a self-starter with strong initiative and ability to innovate
- have a working knowledge of a variety of social media
- have demonstrated skills in organization and interpersonal communication
- have experience in leadership and working with youth
- have a college degree, with seminary experience preferred, minimum age – 22
- have a strong faith and theology consistent with The United Methodist Church