Mineral Springs UMC, Monroe NC is seeking a Director of Student Ministries
Mineral Springs United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Student Ministries. The part-time Director of Student Ministries will have a passion for working with students and their families, and helping all to embody the mission of Mineral Springs UMC as a place where youth can connect through relational ministries such as: worship, small and large gatherings, missional opportunities, and social events, the Director of Student Ministries will develop, schedule, and supervise the full range of ministries related to students and their families, and volunteers.
Description of Student Ministries:
The Student Ministries of Mineral Springs UMC include students in 6th -12th grade.
Essential Functions of the position
- Design, implement, and continue to build upon an existing student ministry programs that integrate relationship building, worship, spiritual formation, and missional opportunities.
- Collaborate with volunteers to develop opportunities for youth ministries.
- Develop and train students and adult leaders who wish to participate in the planning and execution of student and church-wide ministries.
- Collaborate with church staff and key lay leaders to integrate the student ministry with the overall life of the church.
- Provide oversight and support for Sunday afternoon meetings and Wednesday night gatherings to include Christian education and social time.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of the student ministries areas budget.
- Maintain adequate and appropriate communication with students, parents, and the church regarding student ministries. Communicate with the congregation and community via church media (i.e. bulletin, website, The Pipeline, etc.) and other avenues. Use social media and technology effectively and appropriately.
Interpersonal Skills & Volunteer Management: Demonstrate enthusiasm and initiative when interacting with the staff, congregation, and community at-large. Possess the ability to identify and solve problems, handle conflict, and engage in honest conversation. Provide direction, gain commitment, facilitate change, and achieve results through the efficient, creative, and responsible use of volunteers. Work well with church staff, congregation members, and volunteers. Ability to manage and motivate volunteers. Amenable to supervision.
A successful candidate will have:
- Passion for walking alongside young persons in their faith journeys
- Vision for the growth of students’ faith, and for the growth of the student ministries
- Experience leading and/or working with student ministries
- Agree to a background check
Report: Senior Pastor
Hours/Salary: Part-time exempt; 20 hours per week; salary commensurate with experience
Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume to Rev. Eric Lane via email/postal mail:
Rev. Eric Lane
Mineral Springs UMC
P.O. Box 67
Mineral Springs, NC 28108