Myers Memorial United Methodist Church (301 S. New Hope Road Gastonia, NC 28054) is seeking a Director of Music
Open date to begin: Sunday, July 2, 2017
Salary: Negotiable, commensurate with qualifications and experience
Job Summary: The Director of Music plans, directs and oversees the music ministry of the church to enhance worship and advance the mission of the church to make disciples of Jesus Christ. The Director of Music shall interact cooperatively and professionally with Pastor, Staff, church leaders, church members and the public to promote the mission of the church. The Director of Music reports to Senior Pastor.
– A Disciple of Jesus Christ and familiarity with United Methodist doctrine and theology.
– Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred in a music discipline
– Ability to direct musicians, play the piano and sing. Organ experience preferred.
Hours: Full Time (minimum 30 hours/week)
– Direct and/or accompany chancel choir, including rehearsals.
– Oversee children and youth music ministry, praise team and hand bells.
– Work closely with Sr. Pastor on worship planning and appropriate music selection.
– Recruit, equip, and empower volunteers while shepherding them in their Christian faith.
– Attend and lead rehearsals as needed for various music groups
– Participate and assist with planning of special services, including funerals and weddings
– Scheduling various music groups to participate in worship, including scheduling special rehearsals as needed.
– Manages church music budget and special fundraisers.
– Attend program staff, Worship Arts Committee, Church Council and other pertinent meetings as scheduled
– Oversee maintenance of all church music instruments.
– Highly developed communication skills
– Team Player
– Shows Initiative
Church phone: 704-864-3222
Contact person: Rev. Sally Queen, email@example.com