Position Purpose: Responsible for overseeing and directing the overall accounting, treasury and investments, risk and liability management, real and other property, benefits, statistics and information technology departments. Manages and oversees the Conference Treasurer’s staff and is responsible for overseeing local church payroll processing business segment. Works as a liaison and member of a variety of committees and strategic teams, as well as, consulting and working with local church congregations regarding best practices and financial strategies.
Reports To: The Bishop of the East Ohio Conference
- Responsible for overseeing and directing overall accounting, treasury and investments, risk and liability management, real and other property, benefits, statistics and informational technology
- Work with benefits administration to recommend plan design changes and funding plan
- Responsible for the compiling and preparation of annual apportioned budget
- Prepare necessary trend analysis and projections
- Work with outside auditors to complete Annual Audit
- Manage and oversee the Conference Treasurer’s office professional and support staff
- Manage and oversee part-time facilitator for property management and logistics as well as self-contractors for property and facilities related contract jobs
- Manage maintenance and care on multiple properties
- Carry out Board of Trustees decisions regarding abandoned church properties
- Manage a conference wide gas aggregation program
- Effectively communicate reports to committees and other groups
- Oversee the completion of annual reports and audits from the close to 740 local churches in the Conference area
- Consult and work with local church congregations regarding best practices and financial strategies
- Provide necessary training to local church finance and trustee volunteers
- Provide programmatic and stewardship interpretation for local churches
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required. Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A.) is preferred.
- Two (2) to Three (3) years of supervisory experience is required.
- Must be detail oriented and organized with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Previous extensive experience with not-for-profit and fund accounting is preferred.
- United Methodist Church lay or clergy member is preferred.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: January 31, 2017
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms