Wilkesboro United Methodist Church has a part-time opening for Director of Creation Express, our After School and Summer Camp ministry.
To apply send a resume’ and cover letter to Rev. Karen Roberts at email@example.com
Director of Creation Express After-School and Summer Camp
Creation Express is an after-school care and summer camp program for children ages 5-12 years of age. The goal of our program is to provide a safe child-care program that serves as an extension of the ministry of Wilkesboro United Methodist Church, INC. that allows for children to be nurtured in God’s love.
The Director is responsible for planning and implementing a program that meets the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of the children. This position will work closely with the Senior Pastor and staff of Wilkesboro UMC as well as school and community officials to ensure quality care for participants and peace of mind for parents. This position reports directly to the After School Advisory Board as selected by Wilkesboro United Methodist Church, INC.
Examples of Duties:
o Develops and supervises a child care program for children ages 5-12
o Determines and orders needed equipment and supplies
o Plans, purchases, and supervises a daily afternoon snack for children
o Responsible for maintaining receipts and records of all purchases, including food
o Develop and oversee a yearly budget and works with WUMC Treasurer to maintain legal financial records. Records will be reviewed regularly by the Advisory Board
o Responsible for ongoing enrolling procedures, maintaining and interpreting operational procedures
o Responsible for interpreting, collecting, and maintaining records for attendance fees/tuition, and notification of late fees/tuition
o Participates in Advisory Board meetings and assists in policy development
o Provides staff development for staff and volunteers
o Serves as a substitute teacher in classroom on an as need basis
- Must be over the age of 21 and pass a criminal background check and a drug screen.
- Must be certified in CPR and First Aid and have Playground Safety training provided through the Smart Start Program (or ability to quickly certify in these areas).
- Bachelor Degree from a four-year accredited college is preferred but consideration will be allowed for Associate Degrees and/or appropriate work experience as a Child Care Director.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the development of school age children.
- Must have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with children, parents and staff members.
- Must have knowledge of computer systems and ability to use technology for communications and record keeping
- Must demonstrate general knowledge of business management, especially in terms of running a child care facility.
- Ability to grow the program via marketing strategies in the community.
Salary will be determined based upon education and experience of applicant.