Apex UMC in Apex, NC seeks a Director of Contemporary Worship Arts
The Director of Contemporary Worship Arts is responsible for all aspects of the contemporary music ministry at the Apex faith community, including directing the musical groups and developing visual and liturgical worship elements for multiple worship services each weekend.
The Director of Contemporary Worship Arts is a full-time (40 hours/week) position that reports to the Apex Campus Pastor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly oversee the detailed planning, preparation, and execution of contemporary worship music at the Apex Campus ensuring the highest levels of excellence in musical offerings.
- Identify, invite, and equip a diverse and multigenerational group of gifted and called musicians and other artists to provide passionate and relevant music as a part of the contemporary worship services.
- Meet regularly with the Apex Campus Pastor to identify the music and worship experiences that will amplify worship themes.
- Lead the Apex Campus contemporary worship team, and other special worship services as needed by selecting music in partnership with pastoral and worship teams, scheduling musicians/vocalists, conducting rehearsals, and handling A/V and sound needs for the Apex campus.
- Recruit, schedule, and equip visual media and sound volunteers as needed for contemporary worship. Manage the production and development of visual media and other liturgical elements in partnership with pastor(s) and volunteers.
- Use Planning Center Online to schedule musicians/vocalists, provide the music and other information about the service to the worship team.
- Invite and equip young musicians and technicians in developing and utilizing their gifts to provide youth-led, passionate worship in a contemporary context.
- Work with Worship Coordinators and/or the Sacred Space Team to create visual, tactile and multisensory worship elements.
- Network with other worship arts leaders in our Family of Faith Communities and at other churches for continued information, ideas and strategic impact in worship arts.
- Manage the audition process to onboard and develop new worship talent.
- Manage all musical instrument and equipment repair, maintenance, replacement and security.
- Participate in weekly meetings of the Apex Campus Staff Team, weekly Apex UMC Family of Faith Communities All Staff meetings, and in Worship Team meetings as scheduled.
- Develop and manage the Contemporary Worship Arts budget in partnership with the Apex Campus Pastor.
- Provide music for funerals and other special events as requested.
- Meet with pastors and the Worship Team to identify music and worship arts components for Sunday Services and special churchwide events (e.g. All Family Worship, Easter, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day services).
- Coordinate with Communications Coordinators to promote contemporary music activities.
- Track participation in contemporary worship arts (Access ACS).
All inquiries and resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be reviewed upon receipt and the job will remain open until filled.
View full job description and requirements at the following link: http://apexumcfamily.org/director-of-contemporary-worship-arts-apex-umc/