The Texas Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church seeks Director of Communications
The mission of the Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church is to equip congregations to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world to the glory of God. The culture of the conference is one of collaboration across departments to serve the local church to provide leadership, education and support for both laity and clergy. This environment encourages creativity and accountability. Our conference office operates on a 4-day work week that provides opportunity toward work/life balance.
Director of Communications in Houston, Texas $60,000-$80,000 depending on experience and education
Under the supervision of the Assistant to the Bishop, the Director of Communications provides visionary leadership to a team of communicators who collaboratively convey the Texas Annual Conference faith story through media practices that empower and equip local churches, ministries and conference leaders to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Key responsibilities include:
- Recruit, direct and supervise the performance of: Associate Director of Journalism, Associate Director of Media, Social Media Team and other contracted staff as needed
- Oversee identification and development of content for print, web, and electronic communications; final edit of e-newsletter; Web site assessments and the Journal production process, among other related duties
- During times of crisis, serve as consultant to internal spokespersons and serve as a media liaison when directed by the Bishop or the Assistant to the Bishop
Successful candidates will have:
- Knowledge of communication processes, tools and technology
- Excellent communication skills as demonstrated through oral, written and visual presentation
- Ability to think creatively
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
For more information and a full job description visit http://www.txcumc.org/taccommdirector
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com by April 6, 2017.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal background check.