- Type of Position: Part-Time
- Experience Requirement: At least 3 years
- Apply at: christgreensboro.org/careers
- Application Deadline: May 7, 2017
Christ United Methodist Church is a thriving church of more than 2300 members in Greensboro, NC. Christ Church is known for an excellent worship arts ministry, including both traditional liturgical worship and passionate contemporary worship. We currently have two adult choirs, a youth choir, three children’s choirs, a baby music program, and three handbell choirs, in addition to a number of seasonal choirs.
Because of the retirements of two longtime staff, we are building our worship arts team. As we do so, Christ Church is seeking a part-time staff person who would assume leadership of either Handbells or Children’s Music, along with a full-time Organist who would also assume leadership of either Handbells or Children’s Music. Configuration is dependent upon the interests and abilities of the candidates for the different positions. The part-time Director of Children’s Music position is described below.
- Develop an overall vision and strategy for children’s music and drama ministries, for ages infant through 6th grade and partner with staff and volunteer leaders to implement
- Oversee communication with families and recruitment of new choir members
- Oversee music program for infants through three year olds (BabyGarten and Musicplay)
- Direct and accompany multiple children’s choirs for four year olds through 6th grade
- Manage children’s choir music library
- Coordinate children’s musical productions and special services involving children’s choirs
- Work with worship and pastoral staff to incorporate children into regular and occasional worship services and events
- Maintain regular office hours and availability to the congregation as related to the position
- Attend staff meetings and other administrative meetings, as needed
- Experience in directing children’s choirs in a local church
- The ability to direct and accompany children’s choirs on piano or keyboard
- Experience with Kindermusik, Babygarten, or a related program is a plus
- A sense of calling to worship leadership in a local church
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a part of a staff team
Compensation commensurate with level of education and experience. Some benefits are available for part-time employees, including paid vacation and sick leave.