First United Methodist Church of Salisbury, NC is seeking a Director of Children’s Ministry
The role of the Director of Children’s Ministry is to provide dynamic leadership and innovative Christian education for children (birth to 5th grade) as it relates to our mission, “To make and nurture Christian disciples through the presence and power of God.” The ideal candidate will have a love of children and a passion to create a positive, nurturing, fun environment by assuming a role of Christian leadership, while functioning as part of a larger church team. This is a full-time staff position.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Connect and build meaningful relationships with all children that grows, deepens, and enhances their Christian journey of faith.
- Lead and partner with the Children’s Ministry Team.
- Provide oversight, facilitate evaluations, and develop relationships with the directors of the church’s Preschool, Child Development Center, After School Child Care, and Summer Camp programs
- Recruit, motivate, and train adult volunteers to assist in children’s activities, Sunday School, and special events.
- Maintain focus on mission, service, and outreach to local community.
- Create and/or maintain weekly programming events, Sunday School, Bible School, Camp Discovery, and large scale events
- Source curriculum, tools, and materials.
- Provide strategic planning and a measurable vision that inspires and drives the children’s ministry while growing participation levels from within and outside First United Methodist Church’s congregation. This includes goal setting and evaluating existing programs and creating new opportunities in alignment with the church’s vision.
- In conjunction with the Director of Youth Ministries, facilitate the transition of children into the youth program.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Music to coordinate a comprehensive children’s ministry experience.
- Build strong relationships with parents and families through a relatable commitment to Christian values and education.
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree in education or behavioral science is preferred and a master’s degree in Christian education is desirable. Experience working with children and families is required.
Salary: To be determined, based upon experience, credentials, and education
Other Benefits: Medical insurance through the church’s plan, pension contribution, continuing education opportunities, and travel reimbursement
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.