Sparta United Methodist Church in Sparta, NC is seeking a full-time (40 hours per week) Christ-following individual with a heart to oversee an exciting ministry. SUMC is a leader in ministering to students throughout our community. We wish to see our students grow in their knowledge and love of Jesus Christ while being challenged to live out their faith beyond the walls of the church building. The vision for student ministry is to build authentic relationships – relationships that go beyond our walls and into the community which we live and serve Christ.
The primary role of our Director of Children’s Ministries will be to create an energetic and missional children’s ministry within the church and beyond. This person will be responsible for the development, implementation and overseeing of all aspects of Children’s Ministry, including Sunday morning worship services and special events. We believe that children’s ministry is accomplished best with a great team. An important part of the job will be recruiting and developing volunteer leaders. This person will also be responsible for creating/selecting excellent and relevant teaching curriculum for children’s related activities.
The right candidate will be energetic, exciting, and risk taking. They will demonstrate leadership skills, be committed to serving our students from birth to 5th grade and work hand-in-hand with our teen ministry, be willing to serve a year-round ministry, and be willing to cast a vision that will grow the Kingdom of God through children and student ministries.
- Has a personal, active and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Energetic, warm and able to share the love of Jesus to children and their families.
- Is comfortable with developing relationships with families involved in the
children’s ministry program whether or not they are part of the church.
- Able to balance work and family.
- Physically capable of sustained activity.
- Knowledge and experience in Biblical interpretation, child development (and faith development) and religious educational theory and practice.
- Maintains confidentiality as appropriate and accountable with church
- Seeks opportunities to grow professionally.
- Understands and agrees with Methodist theology, and polity, program and
mission of Sparta United Methodist Church.
Bachelor’s degree in Christian Education or Children’s Ministry preferable but not mandatory. Will consider life experience.
Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
Resume and cover letters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to
Sparta United Methodist Church, 190 North Main Street, P.O. Box 697,
Sparta, NC 28675