Christ UMC is a thriving church of over 2300 members, located in Greensboro, NC. As we seek to grow in our discipleship ministries for all ages, particularly children, we are seeking a motivated, gifted individual to serve as our Director of Children’s Discipleship.
This position is full-time, though hours will vary from week to week. This position is expected to work an average of at least 40 hours per week, depending on the needs of the Church. As a full-time position, benefits include, but are not limited to, health care, paid vacation, and pension. Compensation is competitive, based upon relevant education and experience.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide spiritual leadership to ministries for families of children ages infant – 6th grade, including, but not limited to:
- Sunday School
- KIDS Group (4th-6th grades)
- Seasonal Activities (Day Camp, VBS, Resident Camp, seminars, etc)
- Wednesday groups
- Children’s Worship (in collaboration with pastoral staff)
- Missions opportunities
- Ensure that all children’s ministries operate in accordance with United Methodist doctrine and practices, are effective in the formation of children as disciples, and function in concert with the broader ministries of Christ Church.
- Recruit, develop, and equip lay servant leaders to be a part of the planning, implementation, and evaluation of children’s ministries.
- In conjunction with the Senior Director of Discipleship Ministries and relevant staff, work with the Family Life Committee to plan and implement opportunities for all ages, including Welcome Wednesday and seasonal activities.
- Be the primary staff person responsible for the hiring, training, and supervision of all childcare workers. Assist with scheduling of workers, when needed.
- Work with the Senior Director of Discipleship Ministries to ensure that all ministries operate in accordance with established Safe Sanctuaries policies and that such policies are regularly evaluated and improved, if needed.
- Collaborate with CEC (preschool) and Kids Ahead (after school) leaders to create connections between those ministries and the broader children’s ministries of Christ Church. Create opportunities to build relationships with CEC and Kids Ahead families.
- Attend staff meetings and other administrative meetings, as needed
Desired qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A degree with a major or special emphasis in Christian Education, Children’s Ministry, or related field is strongly preferred.
- Continuing education courses and some graduate work are desirable.
- Experience in children’s ministry within the local church, particularly United Methodist churches.
- Familiarity with United Methodist doctrine.
- Strong organization, recruiting and communication skills.
Apply at christgreensboro.org/careers by September 15, 2017
If you have any questions, contact: Rev. Louis Timberlake, Executive Pastor (email@example.com)