Ebenezer United Methodist Church (4948 Burns Road Granite Falls, NC 28360) is seeking a DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN AND YOUTH MINISTRY
Youth Minister: Responsible for all aspects of our church programing directed to children and youth in grades K through 12. This includes Children and Youth groups and Sunday school, developing new events, activities or groups that reach youth/children unaffiliated with Christ and/or his Church.
Job Type: Full-time. Salaried position: $20,000 to $35,400 per year, based on education and experience. (Benefit allowance to be decided)
Reports to: Staff Parish Relations Committee and Pastor.
Relates to: Parents, adult youth helpers, Church Council and Church Secretary.
Regular Hours: minimum 32 hours in a work week which would include but not limited to Sunday evening Youth, other scheduled youth/children events and the time necessary to plan and execute these activities.
- Minimum age: 23 years
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Minimum of high school education. Preferred candidate should have post-high school education in a field related to children and youth ministry (i.e., teaching, Christian education).
- Preferred candidate should have experience working with children and youth in a church or educational setting.
- Should possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have knowledge and demonstrated ability to relate to children, youth, parents and ministry volunteers
- Must have ability to lead young people in developing a vital relationship with Jesus
- Must pass required background check
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Should possess technology skills necessary to communicate with basic word processing, and office equipment skills
- Commitment to the mission of God as expressed in The United Methodist Church
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan weekly youth programs (Sunday nights and Wednesday Night Bible Study)
- Conduct children’s time service in cooperation with minister
- Plan and conduct special activities for youth such as work projects, trips and community service.
- Serve on Administrative Board and Council on Ministries
- Recruit youth and encourage participation in the youth program
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Pastor
- Over-see and direct the Christmas Play
- Mentor and counsel youth in our church
- Plan, prepare and carry out Children’s Ministry programs and events. These events include but are not limited to:
- Palm Sunday activities
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Vacation Bible School
- Fall Festival
- Children’s Christmas Play
- Children’s Worship
- Special Sunday events such as Mother’s/Father’s Day
- Schedule and arrange special recognitions for children (ex. 3rd Grade bibles)
- Kids Night Outs & Kid’s Morning out during Christmas shopping season
- Decorations for Angel Tree (angels) and Kairos Prison Ministry (placemats)
- Assisting with children’s choir
- Assure all programs, events and volunteers abide by our Safe Sanctuaries Policies
- Communicate program and event information to Church Secretary for coordination of facilities and publicity
- Maintain records of planning & expenses for developing annual budget submission for Youth/Children.
- Additional related duties as requested by the Staff Parish Committee (i.e., assist with worship service as needed, assist with sound system as needed)
- Expected to live out the mission and values of the church at all times/aspects of life
To apply, or for more information, contact:
Pastor: Jay Bissett