Mount Tabor United Methodist Church, Winston-Salem, NC is seeking a Coordinator of Guest and New Member Ministries
To implement the mission of Mount Tabor United Methodist Church through providing leadership and support to guests and new members. This position reports directly to the Associate Pastor. This is an 18-hour per week, part-time salaried position.
- Bachelor or Associate degree preferred.
- Familiarity with the policies and traditions of the United Methodist Church preferred.
- Demonstration of a strong faith in Jesus Christ in life and in practice.
- Proficiency in computer skills. Use of Word, Excel, and Publisher required. Experience using the ACS church recordkeeping system as well as social media a plus. If not proficient with ACS, must be willing to take additional training at the church’s expense.
- Strong organization and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, team-building, and conflict resolution skills.
Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinates ministries to introduce and invite guests to church programs and/or connect them with church members, so as to help guests find belonging.
- Coordinates ministries to promote hospitality among church members and guests.
- Update (weekly) the guest database and send follow-up communication to volunteers and pastoral staff.
- Coordinate Welcome Team and Parking Lot volunteer schedules and ensure all areas have the needed number for each.
- For Coffee with the Pastors, invite prospective members, maintain information packets, and greet families as they arrive. Collect member information and help prospective members decide on a date to join the church. Continue to follow-up throughout the membership process.
- Make gift bags for first-time guests, solicit and schedule volunteers to distribute, and follow-up with written communication.
- Recruit and schedule visitation teams for the Traditional service. Provide a small gift bag for them to leave when visiting prospective members.
- Serve as a member of the Evangelism Committee and help with its mission.
- Assist the Associate Pastor and the Evangelism Committee in development of programs and events that attract new members and engage and retain existing members.
- Coordinate an annual New Member Dinner (typically held in January) to recognize and celebrate those who have joined the church in the previous year.
2017 Salary/Benefits Package
Salary & Hours
- $15.00 to $16.00 per hour, depending on experience
- 18 hours per week
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Vacation
- 2 weeks (10 work days) for 1-5 years of service (prorated during the first year of employment based on hire date)
- 3 weeks (15 work days) for 6-10 years of service
- 4 weeks (20 work days) for 11+ years of service
The church will complete a background and criminal check as well as require a drug test prior to employment.
Interested parties should visit the Mount Tabor United Methodist Church website (www.mttaborumc.org) for more information and to apply. The Employment Application is located under the “About Us” tab and then under the “Employment Opportunities” heading. Contact Neil Raymer, Staff Parish Relations Committee Chair, with any questions (cell 336-345-7767).