First United Methodist Church of Hendersonville, NC is seeking a Communications Manager (part-time staff position/25-30 hours per week)
The Communications Manager oversees all internal and external communications in support of the church’s mission, vision and core values. This position is responsible for publishing the church newsletter, weekly bulletins, email blasts, posters, flyers and other written communications in support of the ministerial staff. The Communications Manager leads the Communications Team in the implementation of its digital and social media communications program, including the use of streaming video for church services; producing effective videos, web content and social media content; and supporting the external advertising and media relations efforts of the church. The position has overall responsibility for management of the church website. Other duties include recruiting and training volunteers as needed for program implementation.
- Three years’ related experience plus a four-year degree OR five years’ related experience and related certifications
- Two to three years’ experience working with social media, video and web content, including experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, and/or various video editing programs such as Avid, Adobe Premiere or After Effects
- Proven graphic arts capability
- Ability to adapt content for the website and videos and streamline content for social media
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and work as part of a team
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and efficient
- Background in marketing, communications or public/media relations
- Experience with church publications and communications
- Management experience with adult volunteers
90-day introductory period
Background check required
Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter supporting their qualifications for the Communications Manager position to email@example.com. Writing samples and video clips will be required at the interview stage.