University City UMC, Charlotte, NC is seeking a part time Communications Coordinator (Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 4:00pm.)
- Serve as the gatekeeper for all materials created for internal and community distribution to
assure consistency of message and branding.
- Serve as a resource to staff and UCUMC groups on planning for internal & community advertising. Provide guidelines and suggestions for internal publications, photography needs, banner protocol, scrolling announcements, website use, flyers, posters, etc. Provide details about community publications, ad rates, and submittal deadlines.
- Attend worship planning and staff meetings to gather information for weekly needs as well as
long-range plans and events.
- Produce weekly worship needs:
- Bulletin – includes creating cover graphics to support the sermon (as needed), layout, printing, folding and distribution.
- Scrolling Announcements – receive requests, edit, and provide text to tech team.
- Produce The UCUMC News, printed weekly newsletter:
- Receive submissions, edit, layout, printing, and distribution.
- Produce the weekly UCUMC e-News
- Receive submissions, edit, layout, and schedule.
- Website management:
- Ongoing content updates.
- Reorganize site architecture as needed.
- Troubleshoot problems, issues.
- Manage Social Media:
- Create UCUMC relevant posts.
- Monitor for inappropriate comments/posts and delete as needed.
- UCUMC App.
- Manage postings for digital sign.
- Coordinate and/or create ads for magazines/newspapers.
- Design and coordinate printing of curbside banners.
- Design and produce postcards, flyers, posters for special events or ministries.
- Design and produce bulletins for special services and musicals.
- Design and produce @UCUMC booklet (Fall, Winter/Spring, Summer editions)
- Design and produce materials to support special initiatives, Sermon Series, etc.
- Manage Communications yearly budget
- Oversight of Communication related invoices; responsible for required financial forms.
Applicant’s qualifications should include the following:
Proficient in Word, Publisher, PageMaker, photo editing software
Experience in website content maintenance, Robly, and social media
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Send cover letter and resume to Ria Holtzhausen, firstname.lastname@example.org.