Hope Moravian Church (2759 Hope Church Road) Winston-Salem, NC 27127-8773 is seeking a Church Musician.
Hope Moravian Church (Winston-Salem, NC) seeks a committed musician, skilled in the organ and piano, to serve the congregation in the ministry of worship and music throughout the year.
In collaboration with the pastor the Church Musician shall assist in leading the congregation during worship and as an example of faith and ministry leadership. Essential responsibilities include:
- The weekly selection and preparation of prelude and postlude music during Sunday morning worship.
- Weekly accompaniment and assistance to the ministry of the church choir during mid-week rehearsal and in worship on Sunday morning. Our choir is comprised of untrained voices who enjoy singing to the glory of God.
- Work with the pastor, music director, and choir director in the selection of choir and worship music.
- Rehearse with the choir 15-minutes prior to worship.
- The selection and preparation of instrumental music and choral accompaniment shall also include special services. For example: Maundy Thursday Communion, Good Friday Lovefeast, Thanksgiving Eve Lovefeast, Christmas Eve Lovefeast(s), and choral Cantatas.
- Regularly attend bi-monthly meetings of the Worship Committee, whose purpose is to prayerfully plan, explore, and reflect upon our worship in light of upcoming events and opportunities for ministry.
- Willingly assist in scheduling a substitute musician in the event of illness, vacation, and/or continuing education opportunities.
Terms of Employment: Part-time
Continuing Education: $150/year
Vacation: 3 weeks/year
Insurance or Benefits provided: None
How to Apply:
Applicants are welcome to send a resume along with contact information for three references to: HopeMoravianNC@triad.rr.com. Questions about the application process should be directed to the church office 336.765.8017. Initial deadline for applications is October 31, 2016. www.hopemoraviannc.org