THE WALK [FaithWalk UMC] is hiring a Children’s Ministry Leader!
THE WALK is a reconciling United Methodist Congregation located in Gibsonville, NC on 70 between Greensboro and Burlington. At THE WALK, we strive to be a safe space where ALL people can come to know the love of God. And, we are looking for a Children’s Ministry Leader to nurture the faith of the youngest members. Please see the job description below for more details about the position. To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Terry Pattishall (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 10, 2017.
To oversee the church’s entire children’s ministry to ensure a smoothly operating, safe and effective program encouraging all children in the church and community to grow in faith and as Christian disciples
- The Children’s Ministry Leader will comply with all of THE WALK’s policies and procedures
- The Staff/Pastor-Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) is responsible for the hiring, evaluating, and terminating of this position in accordance with personnel policies of THE WALK
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Vision, Plan and Advocate for children particularly in the areas of faith development, safety and discipleship
- Develop and implement curriculum for the Children’s Ministry in alignment with the teachings of God’s love, peace and justice
- Develop and coordinate participation of the Children’s Ministry within “BE CHURCH” events
- Plan and implement seasonal events to include Easter Egg hunt/event, Vacation Bible School, Halloween Trunk or Treat and others
- Implements the Safe Sanctuary Policy with children and volunteers, including regular communication with volunteers regarding training and changes
- Prepare annual budget for submission to Finance Team
- Regularly and intentionally connect with families and children in the community to determine how they may thrive and grow in their faith
- Identify, train, background check and schedule Nursery and Tales from the Trails volunteers
- Be at THE WALK Sundays from 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Attend Leadership Team meetings (as a non-voting member)
- Attend regularly scheduled and mutually agreed upon meetings with the Pastor
- Collaborate with other churches and community
- Maintain a healthy and growing spiritual life
Experience and Qualifications:
Prior experience working with children, energetic, enthusiastic, risk-taker, self-starter, good organizational and communication skills, leadership and visioning aptitudes
Supervision: Reports to and supervised by the Pastor with general oversight by the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
Hours: 12 to 15 hours per week to include 8:30am to 12:30pm each Sunday
Compensation: $10,000 per year, paid monthly and reviewed annually
Expectations of all persons employed by THE WALK:
- Equip lay members for ministry by building teams, delegating responsibilities, offering opportunities to engage in ministry, and encouraging gifts that you see in others.
- Honor confidentiality
- Uphold the mission of THE WALK.
- Work collaboratively with the staff and pastors at THE WALK.