Children’s Ministry Leader for Waxhaw UMC @ 200 McDonald St. Waxhaw, NC
Part Time: 20 hours per week
Job focus: To lead the children’s ministry at Waxhaw UMC by recruiting, training, and coordinating both youth and adult volunteers. This ministry encompasses children ages birth through 5th grade and currently occurs primarily on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights with a few special events throughout the year. Growth and further development of the ministry is expected. This position will be supported by the Pastor, staff, and a volunteer Children’s Ministry Team.
- A personal faith in Christ evidenced by integrity and a history of active participation in church.
- Experience in leading volunteer teams in ministry.
- Preference given to candidates with applicable educational background.
- Direct weekly ministry with children, adult leaders and youth volunteers.
- Creating and leading volunteer teams through recruiting, planning, training and regular meetings.
- Administrative duties such as budgeting, scheduling, providing curriculum, advertising, communication, and social media presence.
- Regular meetings with Pastor and staff.
- Further development of this growing ministry.
Compensation commensurate with education and experience.
For more information or to apply, submit a resume and cover letter to PastorJohn@WaxhawUMC.com