Hope United Methodist Church in East Flat Rock, NC is seeking Children’s Ministry Childcare Staff
Develop a relational culture of care, primarily with children, their parents, and key volunteers. Children served will be ages of birth through kindergarten.
- Provide a welcoming, safe, and friendly environment for all children.
- Plan and direct age-appropriate actives.
- Set up childcare space prior to the arrival of children.
- Welcome children and parents. Verify phone number is available for the parent(s) to text if they are needed during the worship experience. If texting is not an option, the child care provider will quietly notify the parent in the sanctuary.
- Inquire of any specific needs of children.
- Provide structure for playtime and rest as needed.
- Involve approved volunteers into the overall program.
- Assist in the over program of Hope Mountain Children’s Ministry upon request.
- Inform Hope Mountain Producer of needed materials and supplies.
- Clean and sanitize toys and furniture weekly.
- Maintain regular contact with the Hope Mountain Producer
Relationship to Others:
- This position is directly accountable to the Hope Mountain Producer who is under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor and Staff Parish Relation Team.
- Respond in positive way to staff and member requests for help/information
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team based environment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, unless he/she has shown maturity and ability to work with children. If he/she is under the age of 18 he/she must work with an additional caregiver or be under the guidance of the Hope Mountain Producer or Lead Pastor.
- Willingness to submit to and successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
- Comply with all Safe Sanctuary Requirements as followed by Hope UMC.
- Recommend to have a CPR and First Aid Certifications, or willing to undergo training as requested by Hope UMC. (training will be provided and paid for by the church)
- Display a strong moral and Christian character.
Compensation and Review
- This position is expected to be present on Sunday mornings from 9:30am-12.30pm and special events upon request, i.e. special worship services or other Church activities.
- Compensation will be twice a month (15th and 30th) with an hourly wage of $12 with a minimum of a two-hour guarantee for special events.
- Time sheet shall be completed and approved by Hope Mountain Producer or Lead Pastor each week.
- Annual review shall be completed with appropriate representatives in addition to a one-time 90-day evaluation.
Hope United UMC
East Flat Rock, NC 28726