Mount Tabor United Methodist Church in Winston-Salem, NC is seeking a Children’s Ministries Assistant Director
To implement the mission of Mount Tabor United Methodist church through providing program and administrative support to Children’s Ministries. This is a part-time hourly position.
- Experience in developing and executing Children’s Ministry programming.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Familiarity with the policies and traditions of the United Methodist Church.
- Demonstrate a strong faith in Jesus Christ in life and in practice.
- Proficiency in computer skills and use of Word, Excel, Publisher required, with experience using the ACS church recordkeeping system and using social media a plus.
- If not proficient with ACS, must be willing to take additional training at the church’s expense.
- Understanding of financial/accounting skills to manage church budget and restricted accounts for areas of responsibility.
- Strong organization and written communication skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal, team-building and conflict resolution skills.
Areas of Responsibility
- Along with the Director of Children’s Ministries, develop and implement programming for children for Sunday mornings, Sunday afternoons and Wednesday nights; Create prayer stations and other Faith Formation experiences for children; Build relationships with children and their families to support their faith journeys.
- Work with the Director of Children’s Ministries and the Children’s Council to plan Palm Sunday, Children’s Sunday, Vacation Bible School, Back to School Fair, Fall Festival, Breakfast in Bethlehem, and the Children’s Christmas Eve Services as well as other Children’s Ministry events.
- On Sunday Mornings, welcome families to the Children’s building, assist with check-in, locating classrooms and provide support to Sunday School teachers/Nursery Staff as needed.
- Lead Children’s Moments in Sunday morning worship services and Preschool and Afterschool children in Chapel time on a periodic basis.
- Assist with publicity and communication of programs and events. This would include website updates, Facebook posts, email newsletters, and print media such as posters, flyers, postcards and brochures.
- Assist with evaluating, ordering and distribution of curriculum.
- Assist with registration of special events and programs associated with Children’s Ministry.
- Assist with maintaining programs and records for the ACS Checkpoint process which is extremely important for the safety and security of children participating in Mount Tabor UMC activities.
- Assist with updating rosters and grade level Excel files or ACS files each Fall to be distributed as requested to leaders/teachers
- .Assist with coordinating church calendars and use of space for Education program area events.
- Keep welcome centers and bulletin boards updated with current Education brochures and upcoming event announcements.
- Coordinate meeting rooms and AV needs for Sunday School classes.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of completed background checks, notify staff and volunteers who should have/need background checks renewed and distribute consent forms.
SALARY/BENEFITS PACKAGE for 2016
Salary & Hours
- $15.00 per hour
- 18 hours per week
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Vacation
2 weeks (10 workdays) for 1-5 years of service (prorated during 1st year of employment based on hire date)
3 weeks (15 workdays) for 6-10 years of service
4 weeks (20 workdays) for 11+ years of service
The church will run a background and criminal check as well as require a drug test prior to employment.
Interested parties should go to the Mount Tabor website at www.mttaborumc.org and look under the “About Us” tab and then under the “Employment” heading to find the Mount Tabor Employment Application.
Contact Neil Raymer (cell 336-345-7767) with any questions about the application process.
Once the application is completed, please submit it, along with your resume, to:
Neil Raymer, for the Search Committee
Staff Parish Relations Committee
c/o Mount Tabor United Methodist Church
3543 Robinhood Road
Winston Salem, NC 27106
Applications with resumes will be accepted through Noon on Friday, September 16, 2016