Chief Connectional Ministries Officer, Chicago, Illinois (IL), United States
The Connectional Table (CT) is presently seeking candidates for the position of Chief Connectional Ministries Officer. The Chief Connectional Ministries Officer is responsible for leading and supporting the work of the Connectional Table of The United Methodist Church in collaboration with the Connectional Table Chair. This role leads all administrative aspects of the Connectional Table, including finance, accounting, human resources, communication and general office.
- Facilitates communication and collaboration through meetings and conversations with leaders in the denomination around the vision, mission and resources of the global church.
- Oversees administrative areas of the office of the Connectional Table, ensuring compliance with the Book of Discipline, Connectional Table policies, applicable laws, regulations and industry standards.
- Maintains good stewardship resources of resources, which includes safeguarding assets, monitoring performance against annual and quadrennial budgets, developing and implementing internal controls and allocating resources as appropriate.
- Facilitates, supports and enhances the work of Connectional Table to collaborate, evaluate and review the missional effectiveness of general agencies and other connectional structures.
- Build bridges by forging and strengthening strategic relationships with the Council of Bishops, General Council on Finance and Administration, Commission on General Conference and United Methodist Communications for collaboration on holistic messaging and communication throughout the church.
- Responsible for gathering and analyzing history and statistical and research data, as well as contextual and cultural information, and connect it to the work of the Connectional Table for The United Methodist Church.
- Master’s degree is required.
- High capacity to work in a global context.
- Prior experience in non-profit management.
- Knowledge of The United Methodist Church and its structures is required. Must possess a character and disposition rooted in United Methodist ethos and theology.
- Fluency in a second language is desired.
- Strong public speaking acumen.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have ability to work independently and as part of a team in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with large budgets and to interpret impact for ministry, and change management.
- Residence in Chicago is preferred, but not required.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: September 15, 2017
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms