The Arbor United Methodist Church, 5545 Woodleaf Road, Salisbury, NC 28147, is seeking someone to direct and accompany on the organ and/or the piano, the church choir, for all worship services in support of the music ministry. To request a copy of the part-time position description or to send your resume, contact:
1810 Campbell Road
Woodleaf, NC 27054
704-278-2891 – home
704-433-6722 – cell
You may FAX your resume to (704) 278-9197
SUMMER DAY CAMP STAFF OPENINGS IN WINSTON-SALEM
Mt. Carmel UMC will be hiring adult clinicians and assistant staff for some or all of the weekday camps for Kindergarten through 8th graders. The day camps run from Monday through Friday (9am-5pm) and begin the week of June 12 and end the week of Aug. 21, 2017. Ministry students or those with training in sports, music, drama, arts, and children with special needs are preferred. Mt. Carmel UMC is located at 4265 Ebert Road in Winston-Salem, NC. Candidates must be at least 18 years old. For an application or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at mtcarmelumc.org. Deadline for applications are May 15, 2017
Large, suburban United Methodist congregation (Jamestown UMC) in the NC Triad seeks a part-time contemporary worship leader to plan and lead contemporary worship at 8:45 AM each Sunday. Should be open to the development of additional contemporary worship experiences outside of Sunday morning. Prefer 3-5 years experience leading contemporary worship in a congregational setting. Must be willing to work collaboratively with clergy and Director of Music Ministries. Should possess a strong, mature faith in Jesus Christ. Should demonstrate strong vocal and instrumental skills as well as capacity to lead other musicians and vocalists. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com Application deadline May 21. Inquiries/questions to Rev. Tom Latimer (336) 454-2717
University City UMC, located in Charlotte NC, is seeking a full-time Facility Manager.
UCUMC is a dynamic Christ centered and Biblically based congregation and our mission is to make disciples by Loving God, Growing in Christ, and Reaching Out to others.
A suitable candidate must be able to perform duties and to keep deadlines. The requirements listed in the job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
A high school diploma or General Education degree (GED) and a minimum of 5 years related experience is required.
Interested applicants should submit their application with references and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 26th.
Position Title: Music Director
Location: Asbury Memorial UMC in Asheville, NC.
Status: Part-Time (3-5 hours/week)
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications
Application Deadline: April 30, 2017
Description: The Music Director will be responsible for direction and oversight of the chancel choir and handbell choir, and will be responsible for the musical accompaniment on the organ/piano during the Sunday worship service (and Wednesday night rehearsals). The Music Director will work closely in planning with the senior pastor in the selection of musical elements in the weekly worship service and will be responsible for timely communication with the church’s Office Assistant.
Qualifications: Applicants should have skills and experience in leading choirs and in playing the organ/piano. No formal degree is required, but preference may be given to applicants with such credentials.
To Apply: Please send an email with an attached resume (including references) in PDF format to email@example.com with the words “Music Director Position” in the subject line.
First United Methodist Church is located in the historic town of Crawfordsville, IN. The church is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministry and Contemporary Worship to oversee two ministries – youth ministry and contemporary worship. It is understood that there will be times where time and energy will be given to one ministry over another ministry but that it will balance itself out in the end.
As the Director of the Youth Ministry, this person shall seek to foster Christian community through building relationships with young people in grades 6 through 12 that strengthen their commitment to the church and growth in faith in Jesus Christ. The youth ministry team includes weekly volunteers as well as the Youth Advisory Board. The program is comprised of Youth Group, including small group breakouts, special events, Sunday morning youth education, and service opportunities.
As the Contemporary Worship Coordinator, s/he will be the “producer” of each Gathering worship service and special programs. This involves working collaboratively and mentoring worship leaders as well as the worship band.
The ideal candidates will have a deep and living relationship with Jesus Christ, a call to minister to youth, gifts in leadership and vision, musical ability to lead worship with an instrument, a Bachelor’s degree and two years of volunteer or paid youth ministry experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assurance UMC – Huntersville, NC is seeking a Director of Youth Discipleship
25-35 hours a week (average 30)
Salary range $30K (slightly adjustable)
Objective – To lead a youth ministry of youth and adult youth leaders that “GROWS Disciples of Jesus Christ that GO serve Christ in the world.”
Our ideal candidate would be personable, organized, fluent in various methods of communication and would be willing and able to develop servant leaders.
Average group size today, depending on activity, would be anywhere from 25-60.
Tasks associated with the objective:
- Be a trustworthy and Christ centered figure in the lives of our youth and to be available to help guide them in their faith and involved in their lives by being available to them in a variety of ways.
- Coordinate, facilitate and help execute age appropriate experiences that help youth Growing in Spirit, Serving and Sharing that currently comprise of Sunday evening programming (One:8), mid-week Bible Study (Wednesday evenings), and Youth Sunday School (11am) .
- To oversee and help implement the Teen Pilgrimage Ministry (Assurance’s version of Confirmation).
- To communicate the happenings of the youth ministry to those directly impacted by the ministry and the larger Assurance community using various communication methods (social media, myAssurance (Church Community Builder), email, text, phone calls, and coordinating with Assurance’s Director of Communications).
- Work directly with the YLT (Youth Leadership Team) to plan a youth calendar 6-9 months in advance of programming and develop and engage youth and adult leaders in every aspect of the ministry.
- Review and present to the Youth Counselors and YLT curriculum options for our Youth Ministry.
- Lead and facilitate the Youth Ministry plans for special events like Youth Sunday, 30-Hour Famine, Back-to-School Bash, some weekend serving opportunities, Summer Mission Trips (one for senior high and one called Middle School Mission Mania), and a Spring Retreat.
- Help the Youth Ministry lead one major fundraiser per year and support other church-wide fundraisers throughout the year.
- Lead, recruit and develop a team of adult volunteer servants that work with the YLT (Youth Leadership Team) to be the leadership of this ministry. They will help teach, lead, chaperone, etc. with guidance and direction from the Director of Youth Discipleship. Meetings with them at least quarterly will be essential.
- Help manage and account for the budgeted monies for youth ministry from the General Operating Fund, Mission and Ministry Fund and individual payments for events (most of this is done online now).
- Be a champion for Safe Sanctuary, so that our adults will feel supported, and our youth will find themselves in a safe environment where growing in faith is a joy (this includes facilitating paperwork for Safe Sanctuary, holding occasional trainings, processing medical release forms for youth, etc.).
- Help us dream about ways that our youth ministry can grow and touch the lives of more and more youth, all the while helping existing youth grow deeper in their faith.
If you are interested in this position, or have any questions, you can send your resume and/or questions to Pastor Lonnie Pittman at email@example.com.
Buford Street United Methodist Church in Gaffney, SC is seeking a part-time organist. This person will work closely with the Pastor and the Director of Music and Arts to help provide meaningful traditional worship. A minimum of bachelor’s degree in music and 5+ years relative experience preferred but not required. Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Reverend Jim Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are due no later than May 31.