The mission and purpose of Center UMC Youth and Children’s Ministry (Concord, NC) is to disciple our youth and children in the ways of Jesus Christ. This discipleship process can take place in a variety of forms and means – from small group learning times to hands-on mission work in the community to fun outings meant to bring the group together as a Christian fellowship.
The Youth and Children’s Ministries Director is directly accountable to both the Senior Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
- Sunday UMYF meetings from 4:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. That includes a meal at 6 p.m. provided by church members.
- Attendance at Sunday morning worship services for visibility and involvement with the congregation.
- Weekly children’s Bible Study on Wednesday nights and Parents Night Out one Friday night per month.
- Plan some fun trips or retreats for the youth during the coming year.
- Involvement with Carolina Cross Connection during the summer.
- Coordinate special program planning during the year for occasions such as Easter, Christmas, graduation, the Halloween Trunk or Treat, Vacation Bible School and the Youth Puppet Ministry.
- Attend meetings of the Administrative Council and Worship Committee..
- Develop leadership among the youth – allow them to lead in the planning and programming.
- Report directly to the Senior Pastor and Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
- Develop a long-term strategy for our youth and children’s ministry for the next five years (with the help of the Senior Pastor and Council on Ministries.
Part-Time position – 12 to 15 hours per week at $15 per hour. Hours will vary from week to week based on time required. Additional hours must be approved by the Senior Pastor in advance. Compensation includes a bonus structure for events such as Carolina Cross Connection, weekend trips and lock-ins.
The first three months will be a probationary period. Following the first three months there will be an evaluation by the Pastor and the SPRC, at which time the decision will be made whether to continue the relationship.
Please send resumes to Center United Methodist Church, 1119 Union St. South, Concord, NC 28025; or email to email@example.com.